General > Brammo Racing

Race ready Empulse RR

(1/2) > >>

FreepZ:
Take a look at the Empulse RR in it's Icon colored fairings. (I recommend the 2500x1667, 1.6 MB image to get the full details.)

Since the first race is pretty close, I suspect that this is a picture of the bike that Brammo is going to race with.

It looks like a direct drive to me -- i.e. no transmission. I wonder why that is.

* Is the IET not robust enough to take the punishment of a race?
* Was the added weight not worth the extra torque?
* Perhaps with their high voltage system, the transmission doesn't provide any benefit?
* Or is there actually an IET in there that I cannot see?

Gavin:
that is a nice, HUGE image there....

surprised how small the back brake is...I like the big beefy motor...i like the very nice welds....

It is quite colorful...I'm glad they kept the carbon fairing...

nice looking...bold...not mission beautiful, but very nice...if Mission is Clooney in a Tux heading to a Hollywood movie premiere, this is more Pitt in a pork-pie hat and goatee hitting a ska show in New Orleans....

but then I just watched an Oceans 11 movie the other night... :)

hope it goes real fast.

:)

Gavin

Gavin:
Now I'm wondering how I can sneak on that machine and have a few photos taken when I go to Laguna Seca?

g

protomech:
Awesome. That motor looks pretty badass.

I can't wait for this year's TTXGP! few days left..

Gavin:

--- Quote from: protomech on May 04, 2012, 11:59:51 AM ---Awesome. That motor looks pretty badass.

I can't wait for this year's TTXGP! few days left..

--- End quote ---

from BrammoBlog post by SteveO:

--- Quote ---Working in conjunction with team sponsor Parker, an all-new motor has been designed and fitted to the existing chassis. On the dyno this new engine spun the drum at an extemely respectible 130hp. And though this number may not drop your jaw by itself, considering our peak output last year was roughly 88hp, a jump of over 40hp is pretty darn impressive. Add to that a winter diet that shaved off 35 pounds and a torque output that has doubled -- yes, doubled -- and the end result should surely be a noticeable difference. Oh, was it ever!
--- End quote ---

Nice.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version