Author Topic: BrammoBlog post by SteveO. A must read if you are interested in the Empulse RR  (Read 1362 times)

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog

hmmm, maybe clutchless?

Gavin

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
130hp and twice the torque curve of the prior RR... wow!

TTXGP Fan interviewed BrammoBrian in a podcast earlier this year and Brian had implied that the racebike would stay direct drive... the transmission apparently helps in low voltage setups. Definitely clutchless AFAIK...
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 01:04:20 PM by EmpulseBuyer »

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
In total we did five, 3-5 lap sessions on the new Empulse RR and even though the track was totally new to me, by the final session we were on pace, if not slightly quicker, than what the fastest gas-powered bike has ever done there before,

:o

Can't wait to hear how he does at Infineon!
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

2Slow4u

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
Sounds like they finally put a 100kw drive system together! This makes me very very very excited. Dont be fooled by the 130hobeard rating, thats a freaking fast bike. They failed to mention the oodles of torque. Think big vtwin Buell on roids. EBR doez quiet well on their lower hp high torque motors. Ive been dreaming of putting my own bike together with this system but couldnt afford it.

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Sounds like they finally put a 100kw drive system together! This makes me very very very excited.
Oh, come on.  What does it take to get you very very very very excited?
Ive been dreaming of putting my own bike together with this system but couldnt afford it.
I might be wrong...but I still think you couldn't afford it. ;)  I don't think that any of us, income combined, could afford it.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

Deadly Silent Ninja

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
In total we did five, 3-5 lap sessions on the new Empulse RR and even though the track was totally new to me, by the final session we were on pace, if not slightly quicker, than what the fastest gas-powered bike has ever done there before, so this was encouraging.

"Encouraging"??? This is freaking awesome! And, although he really didn't write much about Icon at all, the bike looks really good. Now, I know exactly what jacket I will get to ride my new Empulse...

And look at that "tank"! It's huge in comparison to the last RR. They made it much more powerful while shaving 35 pounds in less than a year. Can you say "Empressive"?  8)

flar

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
It's so sad that, after all that excitement about the new bike and the new season, not only is the author now injured for several weeks, but they now have 2 riders on the injured list and no way to participate in the season opener.  At least the riders will recover to ride again before too long, but the team must be feeling pretty low after all that promise and fighting so hard to stay in the race after the first crash.

:(
Current bikes: 2013 Brammo Empulse R, 2005 BMW R1200RT
Prior bikes: 1988 Honda Hawk GT, 1997 BMW F650

2Slow4u

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
Does anyone have any additional information on the crashes? This is terrible to hear, I hope everyone makes a swift recovery. Makes me wonder if the bike has TOO much power and that is close to the limit of control.

Considering "In total we did five, 3-5 lap sessions on the new Empulse RR and even though the track was totally new to me, by the final session we were on pace, if not slightly quicker, than what the fastest gas-powered bike has ever done there before, so this was encouraging."

Most new bikes don't come out of the box doing this, its generally years of development and tuning to get there.

Deadly Silent Ninja

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Beyond what we posted on the other thread http://brammoforum.com/index.php?topic=1264.msg9053#msg9053, I have no other news.

Maybe thespecialone or BrammoBrian will send us the formal press release, but there isn't much more that can be done at this point.

They will need to debrief the riders, read through tons of data, and try to figure out if it was a specific problem with the bike that caused both accidents or if each accident was caused by different things. And they probably need to get some answers before Tuesday. After all, even if the two machines are completely unrelated, many people will ask if what happened (whatever it was) to the Empulse RR could happen to the Empulse R. Again, totally different issues, but people will ask anyway...