Author Topic: Two Questions  (Read 2516 times)

enertia-ette

• Empulse Guru
  • My Enertia, Dorothy
    • View Profile
    • Motorcycle Travel America
    • Email
Two Questions
« on: May 01, 2010, 02:19:41 AM »
I have a couple questions..

1. I have only seen the saddle bags on a bike via pictures. I am assuming they come in a set of two however, I have seen pics of a couple of bikes with just one.  Do they come in a set of two and what is the cost??

2. I was wondering what locking devices Brammo is recommending for the Enertia. With the darn thing only weighing 324lbs, I cant stop a bunch of burly guys from carrying Dorothy away....but, I can make it harder to run her once they get her home!!  ;D

enertia-ette

• Empulse Guru
  • My Enertia, Dorothy
    • View Profile
    • Motorcycle Travel America
    • Email
Re: Two Questions
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 09:07:27 PM »
Hey, is anyone planning to hit me up with some info? Come on, Brammo guys... you have to know the answers to this!!  >:(

BrammoBrian

• Obsessive Empulsive
  • Brammovangelist
  • Director of Product Development - Brammo, Inc.
    • View Profile
    • BRAMMO
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 11:55:28 PM »
Saddlebags come as a set (2) with steel tubular mounting frames that bolt directly to the seat subframe. For pricing, you should send an email to Adrian at: astewart@brammo.com.  Maybe he'll chime in here though, eh... "specialone"? 

As far as security goes, you should know that your bike has an immobilizer system which uses a RFID chip in the key to "unlock" the system.  If the thief doesn't have that key, there's not much hope they're getting the bike started.  It'd also be pretty hard for them to "part out" the bike as there aren't that many applications for 6 Valence lithium ion batteries out there. ;) 

If you're looking for something more, I would recommend a disc brake lock, although they are pretty dangerous in the event that you forget to remove it prior to trying to ride (think major expensive damage). 

Hope that helps... 

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 09:39:23 AM »
There are some other options here: Motorcycle Security Systems - Safeguarding Your Pride And Joy
"STEP AWAY FROM THE ENERTIA.  THIS ENERTIA IS PROTECTED BY VIPER."
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki