Author Topic: Empulse R and Empulse - What's the difference?  (Read 1236 times)

machone

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
Empulse R and Empulse - What's the difference?
« on: May 09, 2012, 05:05:50 AM »
As has been asked in other threads, is it just the carbon bits? The delivery time or something more substantial?

Not long now

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Empulse R and Empulse - What's the difference?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 08:59:21 AM »
There are other differences.  I'm sure a more detailed spec sheet is coming out soon but I thought I heard something about suspension components.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

Mr.Rodgers

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 10:07:58 AM »
I also heard the bit about suspension pieces being the differentiating factor when Craig was speaking about the models
(somewhat)Patiently waiting

scuderia

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 10:32:15 AM »
from what i know it's upgraded suspension, body bits and wheels.... same as RSV4R and RSV4R Factory from Aprilia except the price difference on those is about $5K...

machone

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2012, 11:26:54 AM »
OK, so the price difference is the same as the Aprilia but take a look at their site  Comparing Empulse and RSV4 - It's apples and oranges all over again!

I really like the Empulse idea but what's been delivered is slightly different to the idea, to the tune of 5K! If there's finance available over here in the land of straight lines I'll probably still get one but it seems a little cynical to release the R first and possibly 'play' on the already huge delay. It's working, too! Maybe it'll help with supply problems, before the move to the big factory?

Are all these bikes a bit squat? For the first time yesterday I saw similarity with the zero S. Not a nice feeling to think of it as a Zero S with gears....

So differences are:

1. Shock adjustment and type

2. Carbon bits

3. Delivery delay of approx 1 year tbc depending on location
Not long now

CliC

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2012, 12:41:00 PM »
flar, thanks for the pics. Looks like that Lytro did a good job in what couldn't have been great lighting.

They do look cool, and maybe are a few ticks faster to 60, but I don't think I'll be trading my Zero for one. For cool looks or raw speed I could buy a ZX-14R or maybe even a BMW S1000RR for less than the Brammo. I'd happily test ride one though :)

I hope they do well, though, as I do Zero, to show the world that e-bikes are a viable market, and therefore encourage further development. I just hope their loyal fans and waiting list members finally get some satisfaction.