Author Topic: New Empulse photos...  (Read 2655 times)

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: New Empulse photos...
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2012, 11:42:40 AM »
speaking of that....Scuderia (can we have your name?), what pegs do you sell that work on the back of an Enertia?

I wonder if Brammo might make "some" non R bikes for long time pre order people??

Gavin
Don Lemelin is the proprietor of Scuderia West.
And yeah, some more details on those footpegs would be cool.  Maybe post it over on the Enertia or Enertia Plus forum?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 12:06:30 PM by Brammofan »
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

Mr.Rodgers

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2012, 11:43:32 AM »
Hi Richard,
My experience is the less common a bike is the less likely it is to get stolen.. what usually drives theft is the parts.. not going to be a big demand for used Empluse parts on Ebay for awhile... you should be safe with either brand as far a theft goes...

Exactly.  This is why there are many more Honda Accords stolen than there are 6-series BMWs
(somewhat)Patiently waiting

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2012, 11:43:45 AM »
From what little you can see of the face, it looks like Brian

Yeah, I thought Brian...his profile, his nose...but the helmet looks like Aaron's helmet....

but I could be wrong about that...

Knowing who it is would be helpfu...

if Aaron is near 6'3", well he has a few (at least) inches on Brian

Gavin

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2012, 11:50:25 AM »
I wonder if Brammo might make "some" non R bikes for long time pre order people??

Gavin

It would be a good gesture towards the most dedicated Brammo fans... though unlikely Brammo will budge on this. I have waited 2 years already, im not going to sit out this season without a bike let alone wait until next season to go electric. $19k is simply too much for me right now. I may have to go another route. :(

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2012, 12:40:14 PM »
Might be worth a shot to email or call Brammo (in a couple days once the hangovers wear off) and explain the situation. Since they're building them in Ashland they will have a lot more control over what gets built when.
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

Lastb0isct

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2012, 12:49:11 PM »
OK, here are some pics of the new Empulses with a slightly different tack.  I was using another one of my "new tech" toys at the event - my Lytro lightfield camera.  It doesn't take marketing-quality pictures, but it has this neat trick where you can refocus anything in the picture by clicking on it. I got 20 pictures that show off different parts of the bike and also show off the refocusing features pretty well.  Have fun exploring!

https://pictures.lytro.com/flarbear/stories/31487

Hey flar, nice to see the pictures came out well!

I can't wait to actually sit on this bike and see if it fits me!  Being 6'4" makes it a tight fit...

Vibetrippin

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2012, 01:12:59 PM »
First, I just want to say that that camera is the bomb!

Okay, now I'd like everyone to go to picture 3 and then look at picture 4 while it's fogged. That is one angry-looking Ewok glaring at me over the dash!

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2012, 01:55:40 PM »
First, I just want to say that that camera is the bomb!

Okay, now I'd like everyone to go to picture 3 and then look at picture 4 while it's fogged. That is one angry-looking Ewok glaring at me over the dash!
[smg id=341]
Once seen, can't be unseen.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2012, 02:08:27 PM »

I like how the rear fender is also the chain guard...but what is the hole for on the bottom swing arm?

Gavin

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2012, 02:19:31 PM »
Possibly sliders... see the ones on my gixxer: http://www.empulsebuyer.com/?p=537 (may have to click the image to zoom in and see em.)
They work great with paddock stands... like the pitbull one I have there.

skuzzle

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2012, 02:43:32 PM »
I like how the rear fender is also the chain guard...but what is the hole for on the bottom swing arm?

It's for a "spool" which is used by some swingarm stands.  Here's a link to a similar item:

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/5/89/24427/DPITEM/Street-Bike-Swingarm-Spools-Shogun-Motorsports-Swingarm-Spool-Slider.aspx?SiteID=SLI|Spools&WT.MC_ID=10010

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2012, 03:29:27 PM »
Thanks.... :)

Diggin the white...

and I "might" actually like the plastic better???

but would have to see them side by side...

dang, it is tempting...I need some Plus news to keep me going to the dark side... :)

Gavin

photo tip...look for shadows before taking your shot...

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2012, 03:50:32 PM »

It's for a "spool" which is used by some swingarm stands.  Here's a link to a similar item:

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/5/89/24427/DPITEM/Street-Bike-Swingarm-Spools-Shogun-Motorsports-Swingarm-Spool-Slider.aspx?SiteID=SLI|Spools&WT.MC_ID=10010

Ah yes, they are called spools.

Yes, the white Empulse looks the business! Really like that color, and its currently the one I would chose, even over black. I like the carbon bits, but plastic is just fine by me too. I dont think I would take advantage of the fully adjustable parts either... so a base Empulse would suit my needs just fine.

skuzzle

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2012, 04:42:12 PM »
Yes, the white Empulse looks the business! Really like that color, and its currently the one I would chose, even over black. I like the carbon bits, but plastic is just fine by me too. I dont think I would take advantage of the fully adjustable parts either... so a base Empulse would suit my needs just fine.

It would be interesting to see what the bike would look like if the fenders had the same color as the current painted parts.  The Yamaha F1 and Kaw ZZR have colored fenders.  I don't think I have a preference.