Author Topic: Enertia (and E Plus) Foot Pegs....a question to Scuderia...and others...  (Read 3919 times)

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
OK....I know the Enertia Classic and Plus are not "made" for 2 up riding....

And in reality I almost never ride two up (my wife hates when I lean into the turns...but why ride a motorcycle or scooter if you don't lean into the turns?)...but I do visit my brothers often (too often?) and they live about 1 mile from me in either direction....

25 to 30 mph tops for a mile should be easily doable with the misses...and would save us not only car trips, but would force my wife to put her arms around me :)

But she will want someplace safe to put her feet (and no suggestions from the peanut gallery about using ANY part of my anatomy for that)...

I hear through the grapevine that there is a way to put pegs on the back of the Enertia...

I would be happy to buy from a Brammo dealer and pay for shipping....

Gavin
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 12:03:57 PM by Gavin »

Adan

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Email
I will post pictures of my Enertia with footpegs if I can figure out how to do that. 

As I said in another thread, I attached pegs to the swingarm and it's working fine for me and my girlfriend, collective weight 285.  We're not breaking speed records, just taking it nice and easy around town.

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
To upload files, you can use the AEVA Media link - at the top of the page, in the line that includes "Home Help Search ..." is "Media"  Go there, create a user album, upload the photos, and then look at the line that gives the photo its unique number.  It will be something like [smg  id= 343] (except that I have added some spaces so that it won't insert a photo).  Then, just copy and paste that code in the text box of your reply and it should show up in the post as a photo. It's pretty easy once you do it a couple of times. 

If you want it to show up larger, you can add a "width=400" term after the smg id.  So, it might look something like this: [smg  id= 343 width=400] when you are done.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
Adan sent them to me...

here they are...simple, but they work...and inexpensive.

I would have put them on the opposite sides...so the solid metal of the bracket is on top and they fold toward the back when not in use...but that's just me...maybe they aren't suppose to go that way?

Gavin

Thank Adan...will be buy a pair as soon as I get my plus...heck...heading to Scuderia and getting one now...

:)

« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 03:11:25 PM by Gavin »

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
I will post pictures of my Enertia with footpegs if I can figure out how to do that. 

As I said in another thread, I attached pegs to the swingarm and it's working fine for me and my girlfriend, collective weight 285.  We're not breaking speed records, just taking it nice and easy around town.

yeah...want them just for taking the wife to my brothers...about a mile from my house on city roads...maybe to an Isotopes game since parking a M/C is much easier than a car...but that is a bit farther...

Gavin

Adan

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Email
There was a reason why I thought I had to put them on that way (which seems the counterintuitive way to do it), but I can't remember now what that was.

You certainly can't put your full weight on these pegs, but they will support the weight of one leg just fine.  In other words, they're fine for riding. 

Fitting us both on the seat is a squeeze, but it works and I wouldn't call it uncomfortable.  Fortunately, after four years together, we still like to cuddle. 

The Enertia seems to have no problem handling our collective weight, even with groceries and stuff in the bags, shoulder bags, our helmets, etc . . . I'd bet we're pushing 330 pounds sometimes.  No problems, but of course I am careful to ride slowly, especially on the pitted streets of San Francisco.

Mr.Rodgers

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Email
There was a reason why I thought I had to put them on that way (which seems the counterintuitive way to do it), but I can't remember now what that was.

Maybe has to do with the direction of the force that the passenger would be putting on the pegs.  Seems more likely that the passenger would be pushing backwards than forwards.
(somewhat)Patiently waiting

Consultec

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
I am working on a retro design...
2014 Empulse R (Red), 2010 Enertia (Burnt Orange), 2000 BMW R1200C, 2010 Enertia (Red) coming for wife.

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
I put mine on shiny side up and pegs upward when not in use.

Wife is gone till next weekend, so won't know if this works or not, but seems right to my admittedly feeble brain. Zombies would starve if I was their victim.

G

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Looks good, Gavin. But with all that chrome you're adding, dude, we'll be on the lookout for the leather streamers off the handlebar grips!

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Are they sturdy enough to support an average person's full weight on one of them?  I'm thinking of the mounting move where the passenger steps on one, and swings their leg over to settle on the seat. That's a lot of torque on the clamp.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
Electric motorcycles have a lot of torque. It shouldn't be a problem.

:P
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
Looks good, Gavin. But with all that chrome you're adding, dude, we'll be on the lookout for the leather streamers off the handlebar grips!

HA!

Yes, black powder coating would have been much better...maybe that will be a summer project...

G

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
Are they sturdy enough to support an average person's full weight on one of them?  I'm thinking of the mounting move where the passenger steps on one, and swings their leg over to settle on the seat. That's a lot of torque on the clamp.

Not sure... Wife is 110, but not here to try it till friday

I tightened it very tight and had no movement pushing down hard, but didn't want to risk standing on it.

I would probably say to limit weight as much as possible

Either have the passenger get on first like they are goin to be the driver, and then slide back
Or more likely for me...
I will get on and lean bike toward side wife is so she can throw a leg over without having to put full weight on peg

G

Adan

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Email
Are they sturdy enough to support an average person's full weight on one of them?  I'm thinking of the mounting move where the passenger steps on one, and swings their leg over to settle on the seat.

No, you don't want to do that.  And there should be no need for it on the little Enertia.