Author Topic: My Wish List  (Read 2415 times)

implovator

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
My Wish List
« on: May 09, 2012, 12:33:46 PM »
Firstly, WOW! For my taste, the Empulse R is a near perfect machine. Kudos, Brammo!

With that said, I plan on owning it for a long while. I knew the Enertia was a bit of a stop-gap for me, and so mine's still bone stock. I plan on doing a little tinkering with the Empulse R. Here's my todo/wish list:

1. New, radial master cylinder for the front.

I can't tell from the photos what master cylinder they're using. From my experience though, master cylinders with coffin-style reservoirs just underperform and fade when ridden in anger.

2. Folding, bar-end mirrors.

Really no option here once I replace the front master cylinder since it appears that the mirrors mount to the levers.

3. Clip-ons.

I'm still on the fence a bit about this one, but it's easy enough to try and then to go back if I don't like it. I haven't had a bike with proper clip-ons in a couple of years now and I dearly miss them...or so I seem to think. Maybe I just need to admit that I'm old and learn to appreciate standard bars more. Clip-ons feel great when you're cranked over, but I do love ripping through traffic in a more upright position.

4. Non-folding, adjustable rearsets.

It looks like they've provided ample clearance for mountain hooliganism, but I feel like the pegs may need to be moved back just a tad. By itself, that's certainly no reason to justify trying to fabricate something to accommodate aftermarket rearsets. But the added benefit of non-folding pegs and possibly running a GP shift pattern would definitely make it worth it. I wonder what they're running on the RR?

GP shifting brings up another interesting question for me. I wonder if the new transmission will even be capable of clutchless upshifts? Did I just void my warranty for bringing this up in a public forum?

5. Fender eliminator.

The new subframe and seat is beautiful. I'm so excited about the redesign. The front of the seat looks much lower allowing for much better positioning in corners. And the knife-edge looks are stunning...except for that fender. I'm thinking that relocating the plate and brake light will do wonders. And then maybe integrating the turn signals into the passenger pegs. Normally I'm against relocating/replacing lights since they often hurt visibility and safety. But that tail is so hot, it deserves something sexy. Another idea might be to keep the position of the plate/lights but to fabricate a smaller fender/arm to connect it to the subframe.

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: My Wish List
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 12:42:37 PM »
Always great when you post, implovator. And a great wish list too - if I were to get the Empulse, I'd be with you for each item except the clip-ons. 

But I just had to comment on this:

I can't tell from the photos what master cylinder they're using. From my experience though, master cylinders with coffin-style reservoirs just underperform and fade when ridden in anger.

Just remember:
Don't Drive Angry!
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

implovator

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 12:53:50 PM »
LOL. Yeah, maybe I'll try not to ride in anger and instead...to quote the coolest gurl racer ever (sorry Elena)...I'll just "ride it like I stole it." And let me just say, thank you Shelina for bringing a ton of credibility (and Dane) to the event. SteveO needed the help last night. He's a hell of a trooper for even showing up to an event after a get-off like that. Here's to a speedy recovery.

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 04:07:05 PM »

5. Fender eliminator.

The new subframe and seat is beautiful. I'm so excited about the redesign. The front of the seat looks much lower allowing for much better positioning in corners. And the knife-edge looks are stunning...except for that fender. I'm thinking that relocating the plate and brake light will do wonders. And then maybe integrating the turn signals into the passenger pegs. Normally I'm against relocating/replacing lights since they often hurt visibility and safety. But that tail is so hot, it deserves something sexy. Another idea might be to keep the position of the plate/lights but to fabricate a smaller fender/arm to connect it to the subframe.

That is my number 1.  I actually like the minimalist rear end so much that cleaning up the rear makes my top 3 on my mod list:

1)  Fender Eliminator.   I'm looking at this and thinking that the best solution might be to unstitch the back panel of the leather seat, remove the light from the holder, and stuff the rear light into the back of the seat.

2)  Passenger Grab Bar Delete.  Remove the grab bars, and use those mount holes to custom mount the rear blinkers.  I've never had a rear passenger on my SV650 the whole 10 years I've owned it, I'm not planning on letting anyone on the back of my Empulse either.

3)  Passenger Peg Delete.  It looks like the pegs come off easy enough, but the ultra-clean look I'm imagining would require the V-arms the pegs are mounted on be removed.  In some pictures I swear they are welded to the seat sub-frame, and in other pictures they look bolted on.  Does anyone know for sure one way or the other?

4)  Chubby Belly Delete.  For that I really mean I need to lose about 20 lbs so I don't look like a chubby middle-aged man riding a fast motorcycle.   But I'd also like to take off that rounded belly pan on the Empulse and see what is under there.  It looks like some sort of heat-sink.  And it also looks like the front upper part of the belly pan serves double duty to funnel air through the radiator, and to deflect air around the rider's legs for aerodynamics, but I'm not sure.   

skuzzle

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2012, 12:58:59 AM »
My guess is that Brammo can not offer a bike with a fender eliminator due to Fed requirements.  Every production bike I look at has some flavor of rear fender with a big lic. plate holder.  Run can probably modify it with the money you save not buying an aftermarket exhast.  ;)

4)  Chubby Belly Delete.

Belly delete is my #1 pick.  It can be done by removal or covering with a FAIRING

#2 is twin headlights in a FAIRING

Also, I don't mind if something has to be moved to under the seat.