Author Topic: Empulse Event Cliff Notes  (Read 1633 times)

ElectRick

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Empulse Event Cliff Notes
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2012, 08:10:54 PM »
I agree Mr. Ninja. The Empulse could have been the peoples electric bike but with the difference in price between the prototype and the current I kinda feel like I was baited. The look is also changed from a cafe style to something else. I could afford one, but I won't. I respect Brammo's groundbreaking accomplishment but "I'm out". Eventually the early adopters will dry up and Brammo will have to work for its customers and since that will be a couple of years away they will also have to compete with whatever else comes out. Maybe then the price will become affordable. Thanks to the forum for keeping me entertained for the last year or so. I'll have to entertain myself for a while, lets see. AC 20 drive, Revtech trans, 96V of Calb and someones old sport bike with a blown engine. That ought to do it.
        Bye

skuzzle

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2012, 08:15:43 PM »
That said, they could have said it from the beginning and saved some of us the expectation. From $9K to $17K, I think it is a pretty gigantic jump in price. I was saving every single coin to be able to pay at least $10K up front and finance, in the worst possible scenario $5K. I can't imagine a scenario where i can ever afford this bike, which is simply a bulkier, fatter, and less cool version of the prototype. It looks really good, but there is no real "streetfighter" or "cafe' racer" spirit in it. It's less of what I wanted for a much steeper price. Even if I could afford it, I would have to buy some mods.

I really want to be a first adopter, but for $19K I want something that looks cool and works well.  I think this bike went backwards relative to the original prototype.  The new bike has way too much bulk between the spindly front and rear end.  Brammo likes to compare the cost of the Empulse with Ducati's and other high end bikes.  To be in that price range the bike needs to look the part.  Quality of components alone is not enough.  That part that I find most frustrating is that is that they had the look last year (IMHO) with the RR race bike.  I also question the value of the gearbox.  I thought that would help the low end acceleration, but it only does 0-60 in 5 seconds??  That means the only SLOWER US production sport bike is the CBR250 & Ninja 250.  Even my 650 Vstrom is faster.

Sorry to be so negative.  Just a bit frustrated after waiting two years.

Deadly Silent Ninja

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2012, 08:54:55 PM »
I posted my photoshoped version of what i would like as an Empulse: http://brammoforum.com/index.php?topic=1268.msg9273#msg9273.
It's very similar to the prototype. Basically, all I did was to "delete" the belly and put back the clip-ons. It immediately looked better. With less range (like the Epulse, for example), it could also be much cheaper. No need for gear boxes if it doesn't really help all that much for the price it costs.