Author Topic: A Kinda Trip Report....  (Read 1350 times)

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
A Kinda Trip Report....
« on: May 09, 2012, 07:27:51 PM »
Though very different than my usual Enertia trip report...

This one isn't about riding my Enertia, but about leaving it parked in front of the rental car office as I went on an outreach clinic.

Bike sat in front of Enterprise Car Rental from 7:30 am to 5:30 pm....

When I got back I was told that "a bunch" of people were asking about the motorcycle....3 wanted to rent it for the day. :)

Fun stuff.

On a ride related note....went to the Warrior Dash this past weekend...a charity run of 3.11 miles with 11 or 12 obstacles to overcome (rope climbing, mud crawling etc etc)...

Even though it was 30 miles away (a fair amount at 55 mph) and out in the middle of nowhere, I decided to take the Enertia...Best move I ever did (other than marrying my wife and having some amazing children....is she gone? Looks back...Ok, wife is no longer looking over my shoulder).

Yes I had to stop at Subway and charge for an hour while  s l o w l y  eating a sub and getting some charge....but the event had 8000 runners and over 10000 people there...and the roads in and out were single land forest roads for many miles in both directions....

The traffic was AWFUL....most cars took 2 hours to get the final 3 miles to the event....me? forests roads are great for the Enertia....just zipped around all the cars and got there in no time...and to top it off, everybody was parking a half mile from the event....me? parked the Enertia right next to the entrance....

got lots of people to check out the Enertia, lots of questions and, though I might have pissed off a few of the people I merrily drove past, I do think a lot more people will ride motorcycles to the event next year.

Gavin

will post a few pictures later...I think Brammo is using one on their facebook page this week and don't want to steal their thunder.

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
Re: A Kinda Trip Report....
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 08:03:53 PM »
You did the bulk of 60 miles on the Enertia at 55 mph with a one hour intermediate charge?

A week or so I came back from lunch, started gearing down, walked back into work. On my way back in someone came running out the door, said he had been waiting to see who was driving the "neat electric bike" (he had a corner office and had been watching it for a while).
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 08:05:27 PM by protomech »
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 09:33:37 PM »
Ok...condensed it a bit...

27 miles there...about 10 posted at 55 mph, but did at 50.

Subway stop on the way there...1:15 minutes...charged back to near 90%

Got to the Warrior Dash at just about 52%...I hoped I could get some charge there...nope...no electricity except for the band and such...nothing outside the main compound, and no vehicles in the compound itself.

So heading home was tight....took less than 40% to get from subway to event...got back to subway at 6 %...though when I hooked up it said 14 %.

Ate a pizza s l o w l y and charged back to about 45% and then headed home.

It does take some planning :)...which is why the Plus is highly coveted by me

Gavin

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2012, 08:58:30 AM »
Ate a pizza s l o w l y and charged back to about 45% and then headed home.
Gavin

Eating slowly has many benefits. Here's one that's relevant to recent discussions between the three of us (you, me, protomech) about weight, calories, energy usage, and range:
A growing number of studies confirm that just by eating slower, you’ll consume fewer calories — in fact, enough to lose 20 pounds a year without doing anything different or eating anything different. The reason is that it takes about 20 minutes for our brains to register that we’re full. If we eat fast, we can continue eating past the point where we’re full. If we eat slowly, we have time to realize we’re full, and stop on time.

Eat slowly, my friend.  8)
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki