Poll

Are you going to buy an Empulse or Empulse R?

I'm buying an Empulse R as soon as one is available.
7 (21.9%)
I'm buying an Empulse R as soon as I can get the money for it (or get it financed).
1 (3.1%)
I might be convinced to buy an Empulse R, but I might wait for the Empulse.
6 (18.8%)
The R is way too expensive. I'll wait for the Empulse and buy one as soon as one is available.
1 (3.1%)
The R is way too expensive. I'll wait for the Empulse and buy it as soon as I can get the money for it (or get it financed).
1 (3.1%)
The Empulse is way too expensive. I'm waiting for the price of the Empulse to drop.
8 (25%)
The Empulse is way too expensive. I'll buy some other electric bike.
7 (21.9%)
I have no intention of buying an Empulse (I just pre-ordered for a chance to win one).
1 (3.1%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Author Topic: Empulse Purchase  (Read 3580 times)

FreepZ

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Empulse Experience
    • Email
Empulse Purchase
« on: May 10, 2012, 12:40:49 PM »
I'd like to know how the price announcement of the Empulse and Empulse R affected you.
Richard #935 #595 #44

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
Re: Empulse Purchase
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 02:21:44 PM »
I'll just substitute "the Empulse is too expensive/late, I already bought an electric bike" for my answer : )
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

Deadly Silent Ninja

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 04:25:18 PM »
For me, the simple fact that the person using the moniker "Empulsebuyer" and who has a dedicated blog to the Empulse is in a serious dilemma about buying it says everything.  :(

As I said in another thread: I'm out, and VERY out. I think other brands might come up with something reasonable before Brammo does, but I can't see it in the near future. Brammo turned off a light in the elmoto world that will take a very long time to be turned on again.

I just hope a decent company sees the flop and jumps in with something near the idea of the Empulse 6.0 and 8.0 soon (Honda, are you there? http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/autopia/2012/02/Honda-RC-E-02.jpg), but I am not optimistic about that either.

machone

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2012, 04:57:49 PM »
In Europe we don't know how much it'll be or when it'll be available. Right after could mean a month later or 5 years later. So 'none of the above', as Brewster would say!
Not long now

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2012, 05:12:35 PM »
As I said in another thread: I'm out, and VERY out. I think other brands might come up with something reasonable before Brammo does, but I can't see it in the near future. Brammo turned off a light in the elmoto world that will take a very long time to be turned on again.

They definitely built up a lot of hype for a freeway capable bike in the $10-14k price range that the ultimately failed to deliver on.

What (2011) Empulse model were you looking at? What's your tipping point for price, performance, and range?
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

skuzzle

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2012, 05:15:30 PM »
For me, the simple fact that the person using the moniker "Empulsebuyer" and who has a dedicated blog to the Empulse is in a serious dilemma about buying it says everything.  Sad

So true!

First what I wanted...  I wanted a commuter bike that has enough power for me to feel comfortable riding a short distance on a highway that has a 65 MPH speed limit.  It also has to have storage for things like exercise clothes, charge cable, gloves, etc.  It also must look like a road bike and be OK to ride in Winter in Oregon (Dark at 4:30, some rain, etc).

The prototype wasn't quite there, but it looked really cool.  I could always add a topcase or something on the back for commuting.

At $14k I was willing to work around some issues.  At $19k I'm not.  The real bike doesn't look as cool as the prototype.  I still need to add at least a top case for some unknown price and an unknown look.

So my answer would be "Doesn't meet my needs for the price"... if that makes sense.

CliC

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2012, 06:31:20 PM »
I'll just substitute "the Empulse is too expensive/late, I already bought an electric bike" for my answer : )

+1. Add to that I've been off-road with mine a couple times :) (I got a DS).

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2012, 06:39:01 PM »
For me, the simple fact that the person using the moniker "Empulsebuyer" and who has a dedicated blog to the Empulse is in a serious dilemma about buying it says everything.  Sad

So true!

First what I wanted...  I wanted a commuter bike that has enough power for me to feel comfortable riding a short distance on a highway that has a 65 MPH speed limit.  It also has to have storage for things like exercise clothes, charge cable, gloves, etc.  It also must look like a road bike and be OK to ride in Winter in Oregon (Dark at 4:30, some rain, etc).

The prototype wasn't quite there, but it looked really cool.  I could always add a topcase or something on the back for commuting.

At $14k I was willing to work around some issues.  At $19k I'm not.  The real bike doesn't look as cool as the prototype.  I still need to add at least a top case for some unknown price and an unknown look.

So my answer would be "Doesn't meet my needs for the price"... if that makes sense.
My "dilemma" is buying the R to get one this year... I decided that I am getting one either way. So yes, I am putting my money where my mouth is, I know I will be glad that I did.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 06:43:44 PM by EmpulseBuyer »

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2012, 09:25:24 PM »
I think he was implying that if the Empulse costs so much that Empulsebuyer isn't getting one, then it costs too much...he isn't implying that you aren't putting your money where your mouth is...

That said, price is relative...and prices change...the special edition Enertia was much more than the standard Enertia that came just a year later.

Me? That damn photo on the top of the forum is making me think more and more about purchasing an Empulse....

:)

Gavin

00049 (AKA SopFu)

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2012, 09:58:21 PM »
I'm still excited, and if they can get me one early enough to ride it this year, I'll be taking the order.  I'm still waiting on some acknowledgement from Brammo that my order will be filled. 
'03 SV650
'13 Empulse #49
Wheaton, IL

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2012, 10:11:30 PM »
I think he was implying that if the Empulse costs so much that Empulsebuyer isn't getting one, then it costs too much...he isn't implying that you aren't putting your money where your mouth is...

That said, price is relative...and prices change...the special edition Enertia was much more than the standard Enertia that came just a year later.

Me? That damn photo on the top of the forum is making me think more and more about purchasing an Empulse....

:)

Gavin

Thats cool... I just wanted to clarify my sentiment on the matter. The white Empulse I keep staring at like some crazed stalker, weirdo on Facebook pretty much sealed the deal for me. Would like to get my hands on a studio photo of the white Empulse so I could change my desktop wallpaper, :)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 10:33:28 PM by EmpulseBuyer »

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2012, 10:29:02 PM »
I'm still excited, and if they can get me one early enough to ride it this year, I'll be taking the order.  I'm still waiting on some acknowledgement from Brammo that my order will be filled. 

are you waiting on an email back? Im sure they are currently inundated with email. I sent an email to empulse@brammo.com, just waiting on a response now... but I wont expect them to get back to me anytime soon.

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2012, 11:23:32 PM »
Well I do know that thespecialone is off till next week

G

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2012, 11:26:46 PM »
And I agree with you about the white Empulse...it "calls" to me

G
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 11:43:22 PM by Gavin »

skuzzle

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2012, 12:09:27 AM »
And I agree with you about the white Empulse...it "calls" to me

Ahab's after his white Empulse   ;D

I also sent an email to empulse@brammo.com asking when the Empulse hard cases will be available on the web site and if they will work on either Empulse versions.  I would like to see a picture of a set mounted.  Waiting on response.