Author Topic: Has anyone...  (Read 1028 times)

Ebert

• View Profile
Has anyone...
« on: May 11, 2012, 09:53:36 AM »
...been contacted by Brammo regarding their pre-order "purchase" of the Empulse? The email I received when I pre-ordered said that a dealer would contact me around 90 days of manufacture. Which means I probably wouldn't get the Empulse until mid August if I get a call sometime soon. Being that I live in the North East it wouldn't make sense to buy then as it is nearing the end of the riding season. I've only been following Brammo for six months so I haven't been attached for too long like some of the faithfuls on here. I'm number 1800 on the list so I'm guessing I won't be receiving a call for a few months. Are there any early pre-orders on this forum that has received a call or any sort of contact from Brammo?

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
Re: Has anyone...
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 10:01:21 AM »
I haven't.

I will say that I know Brammo was working extremely hard and long hours to get the Empulse reveal done. And sometime we forget just how small Brammo really is at this time. A lot of the jobs overlap...it's easy to think, well the bike is made so the emails should go out right away...but everybody was basically working on the bike to get it done...and now they will start working on both production and delivery/dealers etc etc

And racing always takes a lot of work and time too. Some will argue that it takes too much time and work and money...some will argue that motorcycle makers need to race...

I won't argue either for or against that...Brammo chooses to race, so that is that.

And after the reveal there are some people taking some vacation....

I expect an email blast coming Monday or Tuesday of next week.

I also would like some info and love for the Plus....Brammo has been quiet about that bike for a while now...time for an update and some deliveries.

Gavin

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 10:16:18 AM »
A report that I read yesterday (I think it was the Motorcycle.com one) mentioned that the Empulse R production would be slowly ramped up this year, with volume production occurring during the last quarter of 2012 and production of the Empulse starting during the first quarter of next year. It looks to me like the Empulse R is going to be hand-built at the Oregon factory for a while and I suspect that it will some time to get them out to the pre-order customers.  My guess is that the first bikes made will be for the motorcycling press (and others) to test and evaluate.  That testing should locate any major shortcomings, which then would be resolved in the customer's bikes.  (At least that is my speculation.)
current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2007 BMW R1200R, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Phantom

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 10:16:43 AM »
Welcome to the forum.

Are there any early pre-orders on this forum that has received a call or any sort of contact from Brammo?

Not yet. It was recently announced that the Empulse R models could ship as early as June and the base model to ship in 2013. I would expect these bikes to go out to news outlets/certain dealers first. I would guess that Brammo would be adding dealers to their network in the near future.

Like Gavin, I would expect an e-mail blast next week.