Author Topic: Upcoming Reviews?  (Read 1041 times)

Mithion

• Brammovangelist
  • Raised on a Harley but all about electric power!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Upcoming Reviews?
« on: May 14, 2012, 10:44:05 AM »
So when the magazines and websites etc... Begin getting their hands on the Empulse to review it, what do you think they will go into their initial tests basing their Reviews on?

Will they compare every aspect of the Empulse against the performance of I.C.E bikes or against other electric bikes?

Which is more fair if either?

It is inevitable that electric bikes will be compared to I.C.E bikes regardless of their benefits over and/or shortcomings against. IMO speed is speed and handling is handling regardless of what's powering the bike so I think range would be the only quip.

Your thoughts?

Vibetrippin

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Upcoming Reviews?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 11:58:43 AM »
Really, I think they should be compared against both. I want to know how it stacks up against it's closest competition in the electric catagory and the more common ICE bikes that more people have experience with. I don't want to hear endless paragraphs about the lack of range when compared against ICE save that for the comparison against other electrics.

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 05:04:42 PM »
I think Brammo always expected the Empulse R to be compared with IC motorcycles, but I am not sure which ones they were thinking of.
current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2007 BMW R1200R, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

flar

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2012, 05:46:33 PM »
Comparing to IC bikes fits with their "no compromise" philosophy for the bike.  But, you'll get dinged hard on the "refueling time" and "price" in that camp.  Hopefully reviewers are able to isolate those and not go into the review with a negative attitude that affects all of their impressions.

And, it would be nice if they could understand why the price and refueling time are there and the mitigating factors like "overnight charging every night means never having to wait while you refuel" and "TCO"...
Current bikes: 2013 Brammo Empulse R, 2005 BMW R1200RT
Prior bikes: 1988 Honda Hawk GT, 1997 BMW F650

Mithion

• Brammovangelist
  • Raised on a Harley but all about electric power!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2012, 05:58:08 PM »
I cold see them maybe citing the lack of a truly widespread infrastructure for the "refueling" of electric bikes. There are more and more electric recharging stations popping up everywhere and the Nissan Leaf and Chevy Volt surely help that spread, which Brammo can obviously benefit from.

I would like to think that journalists will not go into their reviews of the Empulse wit any kind of bias but I guess we just have to wait and see.

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2012, 06:06:09 PM »
The reason I am excited about the Empulse is mainly its design, the fact I can plug it in to fuel it up, and the low maintenance. The Empulse is probably one of the most unique bikes on the market today, and that gets me excited to own one. Comparing it to a superbike seems pointless to me, the Empulse is not purposed for the track like the RR... with the Empulse, you really have to appreciate the design and the technology. Some people just dont understand this machine (yet), and I dont think there is really anything comparable on the market (yet)... but thats just my opinion.

Car Loss

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2012, 09:30:31 PM »
I would like to think that journalists will not go into their reviews of the Empulse wit any kind of bias but I guess we just have to wait and see.

Let's see which journalists mention Iran or Syria, or Libya or Venezuela or whatever.  In fact, let's see who mentions it in the opening paragraph.  If not liking OPEC or BP or whatever is bias, then that's bias I can look the other way for.