The Brammo Buying Experience > Wanting to buy

Use my TCO Calculator to Help You Make a Decision!

<< < (2/6) > >>

EmpulseRider:
Glad you had fun with it! Yeah, its a little harder to gain the TCO advantage with the higher MSRP and the federal rebate missing now... just have to ride EVERYWHERE and rack up miles. The cool thing is that there is always a break even point where the Empulse / E-moto comes out on top, just a bit higher miles now. It will be interesting to see if electric motors outlive ICE counterparts... I think at 50k most ICE motorcycles are shot and need at least a rebuild, especially the sportier variety. Battery life at 1500 cycles to 80% capacity are a non-issue IMO. I have heard some wild claims about the longevity of electric motors, but have not seen or heard of any real world use examples.

That Enertia/RR mashup doesnt look half bad! Nice!

protomech:
An Enertia Plus with a fairing probably would do 70 mph. Though I still probably wouldn't use it much on the highway.

I'm planning to find out how accurate the wild claims of EV reliability are. Will update every few thousand miles (breaking 2k today .. still a ways to catch up to Gavin!).

EmpulseRider:
I will probably adjust the TCO calculator for CO numbers... instead of calculating the tax break based on the current comparison, I will have it output the actual tax break according to this form: http://www.colorado.gov/cs/Satellite/Revenue/REVX/1193047059436
Depending on the ICE used in the comparison the Empulse tax break usually comes up wrong... (<$6k) should be 6k, though I cannot confirm that until Brammo gives CO a comp to price the tax break on. I would imagine it would be the Ducati Monster 696 at $8795, which actually has similar specs.

Empulse: 16995 - 8795 = 8200 * .75 = 6150 (Cap reached at 6000) = Tax Break 6000
Empulse R: 18995 - 8795 = 10200 * .75 = 7650 (Cap reached at 6000) = Tax Break 6000

Empulse: 16995 - 8795 = 8200 * .65 = 5330 = Tax Break 5330
Empulse R: 18995 - 8795 = 10200 * .65 = 6630 (Cap reached at 6000) = Tax Break 6000

So when the 2013 Empulse finally arrives, the tax break will make the difference between the 2 $1330.  :-\

protomech:
On the other hand, maybe $1300 isn't a bad price to get the bike six months early + the better suspension and carbon fiber plumage..

FreepZ:
I was taking a look at the TCO Calcuator, and realized that the $19k for the Empulse R is nowhere near the actual price that I'm going to have to pay.

I presume that I would have to pay sales tax (I wonder if I could avoid paying that because I ordered the bike over the Internet...) and then there is probably going to be a delivery fee, registration fees, and who knows what else? I wouldn't be surprised if the total cost ends up being close to $21k. (Ouch.)

I'm going to try to make myself feel better about this by going into a Harley Davidson show room and seeing what kind of bike I can get for $19k, and then be happy that I'm going to get something way cooler (to my taste).

(Kind of like the guy who's hitting his head against the wall. When asked why, he replied that it felt good when he stopped. :P)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version