Author Topic: Haters!  (Read 2172 times)

Mithion

• Brammovangelist
  • Raised on a Harley but all about electric power!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Haters!
« on: May 17, 2012, 09:57:57 AM »

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Haters!
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 10:17:53 AM »
I stopped reading after the second paragraph... Looks like an elementary school student wrote this garbage... terrible.

Mithion

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2012, 10:41:21 AM »
There is no intelligence to any of it, it's crazy how someone could try to make points in an article that he obviously plans to have people read yet there is absolutely no substance or merit. I am not saying that you are not entitled to an opinion but at least base it of legitmate information. No one has to like electric motorcycles for whatever reason but if your going to write about them than come across as at least well read on the subject.

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2012, 10:43:20 AM »
Yeah, it was pretty simple-minded.
Loved this gem:
If your daily commute takes 50 kilometers, it makes no sense dragging around a full tank of fuel enough for covering over a thousand kilometers. Less fuel in the tank equals less weight to drag around equals less consumption and better performance.

So I guess he wants us to go to the gas station every day and just put in enough fuel to make it back home?

He goes on to talk about removable batteries and seems unaware of the "Better Place" model that has been in place (in Israel, I think) for a couple of years at least.  
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

Mithion

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2012, 01:18:58 PM »
its such an odd take on the use of vehicles, I don't know where this guy got all these notions.

Vibetrippin

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2012, 01:50:58 PM »
Doesn't everyone have only enough gas in their tank to get to point B on this particular trip? If you need more than that, fill up again. ::) ::) ::)

FreepZ

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Empulse Experience
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2012, 04:48:21 PM »
I can understand his point about dead weight. A depleted battery is (effectively) just as heavy as a full one. I suppose that in his fantasy world, depleted cells would be ejected during the ride making the bike lighter.

What we should do is make them realize that having a battery as an almost structural part of a vehicle just isn’t a job well done. What vehicles need are batteries that are easily removable and replaceable.

He clearly hasn't learned about what the engineers who actually make the bikes (rather than just talking smack about them) have to say about replaceable batteries. It has been considered, and the Zero XU does indeed allow the batter to be swapped out.

This quote is quite revealing:
We go to an energy station, the ones we now call petrol stations, get a couple of batteries and put them in our vehicle. I imagine in the USA they would probably even deliver them.
Does he think that the batteries are going to be charged up at the power station and then trucked over to the energy stations? Or perhaps trucked over to your house? Has he never heard of power lines?

My fav quote is this one:
Of course no one ever tried suggesting filling a petrol tank in that way because he, or less likely she, would probably be shot at sight on account of ultimate stupidity – even in Vatican.

Yes, he's a male chauvinist on top of everything else. Way to go dude.
Richard #935 #595 #44

Mithion

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2012, 04:56:59 PM »
^^^ Very good points, clearly this guy has some kind of underlying dislike for electric motorcycles or something. Even if you littoraly hate something for whatever reason facts are facts and your opinion does not change them.

Virtually Yours

• Brammoholic
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2012, 05:49:56 PM »
What an idiot! I couldn't even finish the article; not because of his uninformed bias opinion but because he obviously needs to go back to grammar school to learn how to use a comma. My 10 year old niece could write a better article than that...  
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 07:32:37 AM by Virtually Yours »
Actually Mine,
Empluse R

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2012, 05:54:04 PM »
One of the big advantages of going electric is not having to visit the local gas station.  Gas stations, the people that visit them and their product are not pleasant things to my mind.  I just like riding by them now.   :)
current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2007 BMW R1200R, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Deadly Silent Ninja

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2012, 06:13:07 PM »
I don't think he's a hater. He's just a doofus writing some piece of low-level comedy. I'm pretty sure he is not serious about anything he wrote.
According to this site: http://community.evo.co.uk/users/Domagoj-Kuna/index.cfm he is a primary school teacher (with primary school grammar as mentioned above) and an "Automotive Journalist" (read "frustrated primary teacher who likes cars"). He probably writes to vent, but I don't think he was being malicious, just not very bright.
Don't give him too much credit. I don't think anyone would take this article serious.

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2012, 12:11:23 AM »
What an idiot! I couldn't even finish the article; not because of his uninformed bias opinion but because he obviously needs to go back to grammar school to learn how to use a comma. My 10 year old niece could write a better article then that... 
*than
 :P
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

Virtually Yours

• Brammoholic
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2012, 07:34:08 AM »
 :D
It's a good thing I doesn't write articles...
 ;)
Actually Mine,
Empluse R

Mithion

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2012, 07:36:04 AM »
That guy really hates electronic motorcycles!

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2012, 09:51:18 AM »
That guy really hates electronic motorcycles!

Maybe he pumps gas for a living.   ;)
current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2007 BMW R1200R, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.