Author Topic: What's under the seat?  (Read 732 times)

FreepZ

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Empulse Experience
    • Email
What's under the seat?
« on: May 21, 2012, 06:46:49 AM »
It looks like there is some room under the seat, but I can't see a keyhole anywhere that might unlock it. Did anybody who saw the bike see any way to open the seat?

Also, is there some way to lock gear to the bike? I haven't see any lock points in all the pictures I've seen.

Richard #935 #595 #44

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Re: What's under the seat?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 09:29:43 AM »
I don't know about under-seat storage, but it looks like you could use a cable lock to strap a helmet and/or jacket to the passenger peg hangers, or run the cable under the center of the handlebars.  Also, I believe Motion Pro, or some other manufacturer, sells a helmet lock that could clamp to the passenger peg hanger steel tubes with security screws. I have one of these type of locks on all of my bikes that did not come with a helmet lock. The lock costs around $25 retail.

Mounting rear seat luggage or a rear rack looks to be more problematical, though.

Finally, that silver fastener on the frame panel below the seat might be a seat release button.  I wouldn't put an money on there being much room under that seat. It looks pretty tight under there.
current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2007 BMW R1200R, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.