Author Topic: Valence Battery Diagnostic LEDs Definitions  (Read 3651 times)

hbrider

• View Profile
    • Email
Valence Battery Diagnostic LEDs Definitions
« on: May 21, 2012, 10:48:54 PM »
Hello,

Can someone supply the definition of the Valence Battery Diagnostic LEDs

I know they blink green frequently and can also blink red.  What does green mean?  What does red blinking mean?  What does steady green or steady red mean? 

Valence is uncooperative and won't comment I'm hoping someone from Brammo can help decipher the LEDs they seem important and would not want to ruin batteries do to lack of understanding with something so fundamental.

Steve
Brammo Enertia 2010
3700 miles of fun so far ;D

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Valence Battery Diagnostic LEDs Definitions
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2012, 10:23:39 AM »
How do you view the LEDs?  I think the only time I've seen mine are when the body panels have been removed.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

Phantom

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2012, 10:34:13 AM »
I imagine that Valence is being uncooperative due to an NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement) with Brammo. It may be a custom solution for Brammo by Valence.

Link: http://www.valence.com/energy-storage/custom-lithium-phosphate-system

Are you observing the batteries before/during and after charging? I would guess it is related to the state of charge per battery module.

You are not at risk of ruining the batteries due to the lack of knowledge on the LED blinking. If you follow the advice in the owner's manual on battery care, you should be all set.

Nice mileage update. Mine is at about 3200 at the moment.

hbrider

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2012, 10:47:04 PM »
I pulled the panels off to see the batteries during charge and I also have an RS-485 <-> USB interface and can read the data off the bus that the batteries talk on.  The LEDs are still mostly mystery to me I don't understand what they mean.

Yes Valence is very uncooperative with anyone that doesn't have a large purchase agreement with them.  The unusual thing is that they are sold over counter to individuals but still they don't seem to want to provide much information to them.  The RS-485 is easy to crack and they do offer diagnostic software that runs on a PC but its very expensive.  Easier to just read the data coming across and decipher which battery is sending what data and what that data means.  Its just bytes after all  :P

Anyways I have some extra Valence cells to play with so I don't have to mess with the ones on my bike. 

Well its a great bike seems that a little more understanding on how the batteries talk and function would be nice for the user to know ;)

Later
Steve