Author Topic: Brammo Enertia Plus LE in Hong Kong  (Read 1063 times)

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Brammo Enertia Plus LE in Hong Kong
« on: May 24, 2012, 04:44:32 PM »
Some more news about the Enertia Plus LE (Law Enforcement) bikes in Hong Kong just surfaced:
Cops simply electric on silent bikes

Friday, May 25, 2012

"Asia's Finest" will soon be riding sleek electric motorbikes during traffic enforcement and crime-busting activities.
Ten Brammo Enertia Plus LE machines, custom-built for the Hong Kong Police Force, will be in service by the end of next month.

It was also announced yesterday that the number of car parks equipped with battery chargers for electric vehicles will double to 1,000 by the end of June.

The motorbikes, costing HK$109,000 each, are made in the United States by Oregon-based Brammo.

They will be supplied through the company's exclusive dealer, JCAM Advanced Mobility Company, co-founded by actor Jackie Chan Kong-sang.

Managing director Matt McGuire said the machines may be charged by using three-pin plugs and take around seven hours to be fully topped up.

Police have been testing the motorbikes for nine months and are satisfied with their performance and "extra- silent" feature.

Jackie Chan Kong-sang?
[smg id=349 width=300]
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

Phantom

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Brammo Enertia Plus LE in Hong Kong
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 04:57:12 PM »
Jackie Chan Kong-sang?

Yes, Jackie Chan's real name is Chan Kong Sang (in Chinese it is 陳港生).

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 05:18:33 PM »
Now why isn't Brammo pushing their "authority" Enertia Plus LE in the U.S?  Are they worried about product liability lawsuits or that cops in the U.S. won't like the styling?   ???
current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2007 BMW R1200R, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 07:16:56 PM »
Now why isn't Brammo pushing their "authority" Enertia Plus LE in the U.S?  Are they worried about product liability lawsuits or that cops in the U.S. won't like the styling?   ???
I don't think the "product liability lawsuits" are a consideration.  ???

They just hired a new fleet guy who has law enforcement experience.  I think it's only a matter of time.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2012, 07:27:18 PM »
I believe Brammo is indeed actively pursuing these types of fleet sales... The Enertia would do particularly well in metropolitan areas.

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2012, 08:36:01 PM »
And speaking about Jackie Chan: I read yesterday that his latest movie, wjhich he has been working on for the past 11 years (presumably, the one that has the Brammo Enertias in it), will finally be coming out late this year. It was said that this will be his last movie.
current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2007 BMW R1200R, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Virtually Yours

• Brammoholic
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2012, 12:06:46 AM »
I believe Brammo is indeed actively pursuing these types of fleet sales... The Enertia would do particularly well in metropolitan areas.

They should make the Empulse a Police Interceptor.
Actually Mine,
Empluse R