Author Topic: Brammo FaceBook post....let the speculation begin....  (Read 1820 times)

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
Brammo FaceBook post....let the speculation begin....
« on: June 08, 2012, 04:56:09 PM »

Gavin

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
Re: Brammo FaceBook post....let the speculation begin....
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2012, 05:01:09 PM »
My wild speculations that will not be anywhere near correct...

Great Brammo News:

I get to ride the RR once around the track at SECA? (not great for them, but hella great for me...actually Brammo could call my bluff on this...no way am I riding their hella expensive race bike...I probably wouldn't allow my klutzy self closer than 3 feet from it on the podium.)

That Brammo will sell the Empulse R and Non R both at the same time this summer? (this is for Empulsebuyer...but I don't think this is going to be it)

That Polaris has purchased Brammo and all bikes will be available at any Polaris Dealership?

That Brammo will have two RRs racing at SECA, and some Empulse Rs racing in Daytona in the super class?

And I could go on and on and on....like some demented Energizer Bunny...

These really aren't guesses, more like wishes...

Gavin
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 06:11:16 PM by Gavin »

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2012, 05:20:36 PM »
Twice the range, 1/2 the cost.

New battery technology - 15 minute recharge from a 120V outlet.

Energy/torque customization via iPhone/Android app.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2012, 06:14:20 PM »

1) duh. yeah that would rock....NOT gonna happen :)

2) duh. yeah that would rock....not gonna happen.

3) Hmmmmmm, not gonna happen, yet, but that is like Phoebe Cates.... A) doable  and  B) fairly easy (on the eyes for Ms Cates/Klein)

Gavin

FreepZ

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Empulse Experience
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2012, 06:35:27 PM »
My guess is that it has something to do with the Engage. After all, they've announced the Enertia and the Empulse, but no news for some time about their dirt bikes.

Now, if we're going with wishes, how about:
  • Price reduction. (Unlikely, since they haven't sold any 2012 bikes yet to gauge the market.)
  • They've managed to get at tax break for electric bikes. (Unlikely since politics takes forever, and we would probably have heard something about it sooner.)
  • They've moved the ship date up to this month (What's the hold up, eh? We've heard (in the behind the scene's video) that Brammo can throw a bike together pretty quick.)
  • They've found a way to put half the battery on the Empulse resulting in a significant price drop. (Unlikely for right now, since even if they can do that they are going to be selling the high priced "R" first.)
Richard #935 #595 #44

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2012, 08:54:31 PM »
Okay. On Planet Earth.. I'm going to go with shipping Enertia Plus or Empulse : ) It's that time, and it'd be great news!
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2012, 10:32:19 PM »
Love to speculate, but im terrible at guessing Brammo's next move... so I will go with something conservative and say that this has got to be something about the first Empulse R's shipping to customers. After all they are the "Tesla of motorcycles" :) and the S ships in a few weeks.

I wonder who will be the first lucky bastard to have both a Tesla Model S and a Brammo Empulse in their garage...  :o

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2012, 11:08:37 PM »

I wonder who will be the first lucky bastard to have both a Tesla Model S and a Brammo Empulse in their garage...  :o

It might be you...isn't your wife getting a Tesla? And you could get an Empulse sooner than you think..

G

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2012, 07:00:08 AM »

It might be you...isn't your wife getting a Tesla? And you could get an Empulse sooner than you think..

G

LOL, I wish... She really wants the Tesla Model X, which I think will be available at the end of next year, but I dont think we will be getting one for at least 3 years considering the demand, and we cannot commit to car we wont be able for that long. We are also considering the Mitsubishi PHEV SUV that may be available next year.

Car Loss

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2012, 08:44:36 AM »

1) duh. yeah that would rock....NOT gonna happen :)

2) duh. yeah that would rock....not gonna happen.

3) Hmmmmmm, not gonna happen, yet, but that is like Phoebe Cates.... A) doable  and  B) fairly easy (on the eyes for Ms Cates/Klein)

A high-ranking guy from Zero mentioned retuning via smartphone in an interview with Motorcycle.com or such.  He didn't say next year, of course, or the year after that.  I'm curious.  I never bought a Power Commander or similar for previous gassers, but a smartphone app is just easy enough that I'd download just to check it out.

Carlos

Car Loss

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2012, 08:55:30 AM »
Now, if we're going with wishes, how about:
  • Price reduction. (Unlikely, since they haven't sold any 2012 bikes yet to gauge the market.)
  • They've managed to get at tax break for electric bikes. (Unlikely since politics takes forever, and we would probably have heard something about it sooner.)
  • They've moved the ship date up to this month (What's the hold up, eh? We've heard (in the behind the scene's video) that Brammo can throw a bike together pretty quick.)
  • They've found a way to put half the battery on the Empulse resulting in a significant price drop. (Unlikely for right now, since even if they can do that they are going to be selling the high priced "R" first.)

1.  I'm going to say no.  Given a choice between more $$$ and more range/power/bling/whatever, we're unfortunately still in a market niche that wants the whatever, not the $$$.  Other e-moto insiders have said so too.  Otherwise, we'd be seeing imported Chinese e-scooters.

2.  I'm going to say NOPE.  Take a look at Capitol Hill lately.

3.  This one's plausible.  Physically, it could happen.  Brammo might not anyway, because one reason to ship media units first is for reviewers to do "free" Beta testing, before actual customers get any.

4.  Other posters have gone over this.  Motors need a minimum voltage, so depending on how the pack is wired, reducing cells may cut performance, not range.  There are people who can accept a down-spec model with lower range (like me), but if half a battery means half the top speed or double the drag times, then no.

Carlos

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2012, 11:34:18 AM »
4.  Other posters have gone over this.  Motors need a minimum voltage, so depending on how the pack is wired, reducing cells may cut performance, not range.  There are people who can accept a down-spec model with lower range (like me), but if half a battery means half the top speed or double the drag times, then no.

Reducing cells will cut range any way you do it.

Reducing voltage will drop performance, but if all you were doing was 40-50 mph anyways it doesn't matter much if you have a 24s4p or a 12s8p configuration.

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2012, 11:37:55 AM »
And I actually think it makes more sense to use customers as beta testers instead of journalists, provided that it's an elective process and perhaps carries some other benefit, reduced price for the eventual final bike or something.

For example, imagine if EmpulseBuyer got early access to an Empulse for the period of time Gavin has, starting last month or something, with the understanding it was an early model. Would he carp about any flaws in a magazine with 10-100k readership? No, he'd let Brammo know and they'd fix it for the bikes that go out to customers and reviewers.

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2012, 09:41:47 AM »
For example, imagine if EmpulseBuyer got early access to an Empulse for the period of time Gavin has, starting last month or something, with the understanding it was an early model. Would he carp about any flaws in a magazine with 10-100k readership? No, he'd let Brammo know and they'd fix it for the bikes that go out to customers and reviewers.

Absolutely :)

ttxgpfan

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2012, 10:14:34 PM »

Harry, you know this defies physics, right :D