Author Topic: 2012 Evangelista....Will be decided SOON....  (Read 5312 times)

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
2012 Evangelista....Will be decided SOON....
« on: June 19, 2012, 11:59:53 AM »
Busy days here at Brammo!

One of the more interesting things that you don't know about involves us scouring the Interwebs to find the biggest Brammo fans. We're constantly reading blogs, digging through social media and visiting forums searching for top advocates. Now we're in the final days of selecting one individual to be chosen as our next Brammo Evangelist.

Could it be you?

Wow....it has been awhile...and I thought maybe this wouldn't happen since Brammo is giving away bikes to a random deposit holder....

But it seems Brammo will be giving away another bike** soon.

Now the questions:

1) Enertia Classic, Enertia Plus or Empulse or Empulse R?

2) When will be it announced? At one of the upcoming races? Just a random date?

3) Who will be the 2012 Brammo Evangelist?

Gavin

**BrammoFan, correctly and understandably, was the first winner...a Peacekeeper Blue Enertia (Classic...though it was just Enertia at the time :)  )

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
Re: 2012 Evangelista....Will be decided SOON....
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 12:08:28 PM »
My thoughts...taken with huge fist-sized grain of salt...

1). Either a Plus or an R. Brammo will want to promote their latest vehicles. So Plus or R, not the non R as they don't seem to be making that version just yet.

2) One of the upcoming Races. Brammo is very good at these big promotions. They will want bikes and racing gear and Brammo Babes to really get the "correct" photo op for the occasion.

3) Depending on the rules: Brammofan (if they allow repeat winners). EB could be getting his R sooner than next year. Susan Carpenter has done quite a few articles on Brammo, but I doubt press are allowed prizes like this (my daughter is a journalist and I know she can't receive ANYTHING other than her paycheck from the paper). Honestly...Me...outside chance...I do talk a lot :)... Proto...great posts, very smart...but I don't know if Brammo will give a bike to a Zero owner...but maybe...

One thing for sure....lots of people are going start throwing posts up on the interwebs real fast :)

Gavin, who needs to go write something....

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 12:13:16 PM »
edit...

1. I think Brammo would lean toward giving an R...they are really pushing that model as their flagship/halo bike...but the last winner received an 8k bike...and he was a pure Brammo Evangelist...would Brammo give away an 18k bike to this years "winner"?

g

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2012, 12:49:51 PM »
I think press are out, I would guess multiple prize winners may be out as well.

If Brammo gives away an Empulse R it will be to someone with a similar level of visibility as Brammofan. While forum posting is fun and does generate useful discussion (and hopefully learning all round), forum posts IMO don't help Brammo much.

1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2012, 02:30:42 PM »
I think press are out, I would guess multiple prize winners may be out as well.

If Brammo gives away an Empulse R it will be to someone with a similar level of visibility as Brammofan. While forum posting is fun and does generate useful discussion (and hopefully learning all round), forum posts IMO don't help Brammo much.

Yeah. Grrrr...I've been very social, here, around town, chatting it up at motorcycle shops and rallies, riding in parades and toy runs and such...but not so much media...oh well. I find twitter boring and pinterest baffling....and facebook is mostly personal...a victim of my age and profession...should be more nerdy and less children's hospitally.

I did post the Breaking Bad photos and such...I do have a Durango Photo shoot coming up...and working on a couple more secret things...hush hush... :) But then Hush Hush doesn't help in the media department either...oh well.

I still think I am at best second. And that is only in my own mind...I might not even be on the page for all I know.

Three options:

1). Brammo should give away a R and a Plus...one for media evangelist, one for social evangelist. :)

2). If a certain somebody wins a R, and that certain somebody is not EB, well "that person" would be happy to sell the R to EB for a nice discount and then buy a Plus...and the loaner Classic (a certain somebodies little brother wants the loaner E very badly). EB gets his Empulse early...and a R to boot, and for a price below a non R and that other certain somebody gets a lovely Plus...and a little brother--42 years old and 6'3", so not too little :)--gets the loaner and everybody is happy. Plus EB's name isn't Empulsewinner, so he gets to keep his name :).

3) Brammo does whatever the heck they want and doesn't really care about my other 2 options.

I think 3 is the likely winner... :)  

or maybe :( is more accurate.

Gavin

edit...i really didn't think Brammo was doing any more evangelist give-aways...so this is actually quite exciting...at the same time, I'm kinda kicking myself for not doing more...sigh.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 02:36:36 PM by Gavin »

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2012, 02:40:10 PM »
Definitely I think the most effective way to be an EVangelist is to get out there and ride. Bringing the EV from something you see in hit pieces on foxnews to something you see people riding / driving around everyday is a big step.

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2012, 03:16:58 PM »
Gavin, that sound like a great plan if you win the R :).

I will say that I created my blog and apps with the hopes of being the next "Brammovangelist", but the site and apps just became a hobby over time and I would have been (reluctantly) just fine with waiting until 2013 to buy the base model. If Brammo can only recognize 1 evangelist at a time, then of course I would hope to be that lucky person, but at the same time there are a team of us evangelists too.

Exciting times! Good luck to everyone on the short list :).

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2012, 03:26:33 PM »
Definitely I think the most effective way to be an EVangelist is to get out there and ride. Bringing the EV from something you see in hit pieces on foxnews to something you see people riding / driving around everyday is a big step.

Ha, yeah, was riding at lunch today (bank trip) and stopped at a light...the guy next to me had his window down...i look over and he nods to me and looks away...so i looked away too (when I stop next to somebody with their windows down I always give them a chance to ask about the bike, as they so often do)...anyways about 10 seconds past when i hear, "Jesus, is that electric" and I had to laugh as I said, "why yes it is", because he had blurted it out like he was bit by a snake...all loud and surprised...

As the light turned green I took off normal (so basically I left the cars in my dust) and got to my usual 5 miles over the speed limit and stayed there...after a bit he caught back up to me and smiled...so I then gunned the bike for a few seconds so he could see that electric bikes are actually quite fast.

Gavin

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2012, 03:37:50 PM »

Ha, yeah, was riding at lunch today (bank trip) and stopped at a light...the guy next to me had his window down...i look over and he nods to me and looks away...so i looked away too (when I stop next to somebody with their windows down I always give them a chance to ask about the bike, as they so often do)...anyways about 10 seconds past when i hear, "Jesus, is that electric" and I had to laugh as I said, "why yes it is", because he had blurted it out like he was bit by a snake...all loud and surprised...

As the light turned green I took off normal (so basically I left the cars in my dust) and got to my usual 5 miles over the speed limit and stayed there...after a bit he caught back up to me and smiled...so I then gunned the bike for a few seconds so he could see that electric bikes are actually quite fast.

Gavin

Totally agree... get these bikes into the hands of those who will promote them the most... Once I get my Empulse I will be blogging, and tweeting the living crap out of it. ;D Its easier to write about, and promote Brammo products when you have personal experience with them. Getting them out onto the streets will help greatly too... I have yet to see one in the wild here, but hopefully that will change soon.

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2012, 04:30:40 PM »
I've seen at least two different Chevy Volts in town. Plus one more on the interstate this last weekend on a trip to Atlanta.

Haven't seen a PIP (plug-in prius) or Leaf on the roads, yet.

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2012, 04:39:15 PM »
I kinda wish I had bought the LEAF I had reserved...but I just don't want a wagon...

Now if Nissan made the Altima coup into an EV it would be at my house yesterday.

Though now that I have a pick up truck to carry my Enertia on long trips, well I don't really need a car at all...bicycle in summer, Enertia for all year round, truck for long trips.

Gavin

Deadly Silent Ninja

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2012, 04:41:52 PM »
I do think Gavin and EB are the most likely candidates. I know I am in their blacklist for leaving the pre-buyers list when they delayed production and then for openly criticizing them for the ridiculous price difference between the original Empulse 6.0 and the current R.

That said, eventually, when I get my second-hand Empulse,  I will gladly keep my word on the challenges I proposed: I would get my college to create fast-charging parking places (I'm already working on it anyway, so it would just speed things up), try to take the Empulse on the road for a cross-country trip, documenting everything as a full documentary (that would have to be during summer), and taking the Empulse to a few traditional riding spots that most electric motorcycles can't go because of range issues. First ones would be the Skyline Drive (Shenandoah National Park) and the Blue Ridge Parkway. Of course, I will be reporting all about it here and on a blog.

Now, it's just a matter of waiting until there is an Empulse for sale that I can afford...

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2012, 05:17:42 PM »
Nice list, Ninja...and nice rides. Skyline drive is beautiful...and one of the few places you can buy Moonshine at a fancy restaurant.

It has been 2 years since BFAN won his peacekeeper...Brammo could give away two bikes... :)

Or Brammo could split it...not a true "giveaway", but I bet EB would be happy to "buy" an R for half price and I know I would be happy to "buy" a Plus at half price...two bikes out on the road, two Evangelists spreading the word...two fans for life...and it would be a nice compromise and a nod toward BrammoFan (like how Presidents wouldn't run for more than 2 terms in respect for Washington, well nobody should "win" more than what BFAN won when he got his Enertia)...

So EB keeps his name, but gets his Empulse sooner and at a nice price under 10k. He's happy, his wife is happy and he has a bike running around Denver this (late) summer. I get a Plus that I've been DYING for at an amazing price of around 6k and I'm happy and going on even more and longer trips around Albuquerque and the surrounding states...well maybe not Texas :)  Ok, maybe Texas too, but only Austin and San Antonio.

A win win...though of course not quite as nice as winning the bike outright...

and this assumes that EB and I are in the running...EB I think for sure. Me? Vanity says yes, but it still seems a bit foreign to me...

Gavin

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2012, 06:16:22 PM »
I like the idea of splitting the prize. And if the point is to get more EVangelists out there.. split it between people that aren't already riding electric : )

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2012, 06:31:02 PM »
Nice list, Ninja...and nice rides. Skyline drive is beautiful...and one of the few places you can buy Moonshine at a fancy restaurant.

It has been 2 years since BFAN won his peacekeeper...Brammo could give away two bikes... :)

Or Brammo could split it...not a true "giveaway", but I bet EB would be happy to "buy" an R for half price and I know I would be happy to "buy" a Plus at half price...two bikes out on the road, two Evangelists spreading the word...two fans for life...and it would be a nice compromise and a nod toward BrammoFan (like how Presidents wouldn't run for more than 2 terms in respect for Washington, well nobody should "win" more than what BFAN won when he got his Enertia)...

So EB keeps his name, but gets his Empulse sooner and at a nice price under 10k. He's happy, his wife is happy and he has a bike running around Denver this (late) summer. I get a Plus that I've been DYING for at an amazing price of around 6k and I'm happy and going on even more and longer trips around Albuquerque and the surrounding states...well maybe not Texas :)  Ok, maybe Texas too, but only Austin and San Antonio.

A win win...though of course not quite as nice as winning the bike outright...

and this assumes that EB and I are in the running...EB I think for sure. Me? Vanity says yes, but it still seems a bit foreign to me...

Gavin

+1

EmpulseBuyer and Gavin have been the 2 most influential folks for me personally making my decision to buy a Brammo.  (sorry brammofan....)