Author Topic: Durango place holder....  (Read 1236 times)

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
Durango place holder....
« on: June 19, 2012, 02:50:52 PM »
Went to Durango last weekend with the family...

and kinda got carried away :)

Planned to take the Enertia and do some photos around town, with the old Steam Train etc etc...but family nixed that....so, going up again in a couple of weeks...just me, maybe the son in law...and the Enertia...

making a placeholder thread mostly just to put the goofy photo of me up here...i have no shame :(

Gavin

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Durango place holder....
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 03:06:12 PM »
I think I've rafted that very same river.  No pterodactyls back then.  Must've been in the pre-Jurassic era.

I have to ask: did the raft company say something like, "someone needs to hold their paddle up so that we can photoshop something funny into the photo"?

Looks like a great time with the family. :)
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 04:04:05 PM »
Long story long....vs the lie of long story short...

So we are on the raft trip and the guide lets us know that we will soon be photographed...

I'm not sure why I thought, "I should raise the oar over my head, that will look oh so cool."

After the trip we stop back at the Mild to Wild rafting shop and look at the photos...we had 6 or 7 shots...I go ahead and buy the cd with all the photos...

next day I put up this photo (sans flying beastie) and my youngest daughter (who's favorite movie BY FAR is Jurassic Park) tells me this photos is boring and she put up a different one...multiple people on facebook agreed that her photo as more exciting...

I then decided to make this photo less "boring"...and immediately I thought, "hmmmm, I might not look so much like an idiot with an oar over his head if I was being pulled into the air by a freaking Pterodactyl."

4 hours later on photoshop (which I absolutely SUCK at) and I have this to show for it. :)

Now I'm posting it everywhere I can so I didn't waste those 4 damn hours. And suddenly my photo isn't so boring now is it Jo??  oops, Jo doesn't come here, so taunting her won't work....

Gavin

edit...and yes it was a great 3 day weekend up in Durango...
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 04:07:51 PM by Gavin »

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2012, 03:55:17 PM »
Well I made a second image...this one uses the Pterodactyl from The Dinosaur Train...both a kids show and a stop on the Durango Train...so very topical and local...

The Durango Train Facebook put it up on their site and it has received 100 likes and counting...so now I'm doing free PR for them too it seems :)

http://www.facebook.com/DSNGRR

Gavin