Author Topic: My BrammoBlog....  (Read 19384 times)

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
My BrammoBlog....
« on: June 25, 2012, 01:58:56 PM »

http://brammoblog.com/

just a start...should be able to easily do a couple of posts a week as I don't plan to be anything but "photoy" and glib...and photos and glib talk is kinda easy for me.

G
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 02:37:17 PM by Gavin »

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: My BrammoBlog....
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 02:39:45 PM »
Excellent! ;D
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 02:41:40 PM »
Kick ass post Gavin! Kinda surprised no one has given you shit about plugging in... I imagine they probably appreciate the fact that you ask before plugging in. The days of available public sockets may be coming to an end though, the more EVs that hit the road. There will certainly be some assholes that will plugin wherever they please and ruin it for the rest of us...

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 03:45:45 PM »
Thanks guys....or should I say TEAM :)

EB, it's crazy...nobody seems to care...except the ones who care in a good way, as in they want to help me find a place to plug in...

yes, I imagine it will change some as more Electrics are on the road...right now it is a bit of a novelty....but I still bet any business will be happy to let me charge if I'm buying from them...especially when they hear how cheap it is...which is my next blog...:)

Gavin

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2012, 03:52:10 PM »
ha, just re-read it...gosh I am a horrid editor...must go back and make a few changes...

nobody can do a run-on sentence like I can...

Gavin

next blog post will be Wednesday.

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2012, 04:53:20 PM »
I view local charging, especially off of 110v, as more of a courtesy item.

It doesn't cost the company much to provide wifi access to paying customers. It's a goodwill gesture that can encourage repeat business.

Likewise, an hour of charging at 110v on an Enertia or Empulse costs the company a few pennies. But you can bet I'll be back, especially if you're on a route I frequently travel and need to charge at.

Of course, there's a concern in both cases that freeloaders could steal your precious internet / electrons. In practice the time and expense spent discouraging doing so generally ends up being more harmful than the actual freeloading.
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

Deadly Silent Ninja

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2012, 05:06:43 PM »
We had a discussion here and another one at elmoto.net about guerrilla charging and it seems to be pretty much like that all over the place. I have asked around here and no one so far even thought about it twice.

Actually, Gavin's post can be a very good source to dispel a lot of range anxiety issues. Just by the narrative, you can see that charging the bike can actually be a great part of the trip. I will definitely be sending people to check Gavin's blog.

Also, that was how I started to plan the documentary I wanted to do riding the Empulse across the U.S. By charging the bike at motels, BBs, restaurants, etc. I could take the time to talk to people about local food and culture and, at the same time, show off the bike and talk about elmotos. The trip itself would work to get many people encouraged to see that, with proper planning, you can take your electric on a long trip. You just need to enjoy your food and the company a little longer...  ;)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 05:09:57 PM by Deadly Silent Ninja »

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2012, 05:34:53 PM »
thanks Ninja....yeah, I just view it as "relaxed" travel.

1) no worries on commutes or around town. plenty of juice for that, and if I do ride longer than I thought, well plugs are everywhere....

2) longer trips just mean a bit more prep in the beginning and a bit more and longer stops.
the prep: I tend to call ahead to make sure I can charge either at my destination or nearby...people to love to talk about the bike, both in person and over the phone.

more and longer stops is pretty self explanatory...I do take my phone with books and such on it, and surf the web some...but usually I'll have multiple people who come up and ask me about the bike....that is my third blog for next monday :)

make no mistake, I do want more range...even with the plus I will WANT more...but the Plus will be better for my slightly longer rides, even if she won't be able to do my really long and insane rides easily :) 

Gavin

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2012, 12:21:19 PM »

Post Number 2

http://brammoblog.com/2012/06/26/brammoblog-real-world-views-from-a-real-electric-motorcycle-3/

If I treat this like a job, I could probably make a blog a day...

gah...

Gavin
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 12:31:20 PM by Gavin »

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2012, 04:16:51 PM »
and by gah i mean:

Nobody wants to read my "word salad" observations everyday...bad for mental well-being.

Gavin

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2012, 10:57:08 PM »
'“Hmmmm, buy needed medication or fill the gas tank?”'
LOL, what kind of meds are we talking about Gavin?

"I love this photo as it make me think of riding the Enertia through the world of Fallout 3"
Anyone who has played this game will know exactly what you are talking about. Its a great game btw...

"And it is because electricity is so much cheaper than gas (and can be renewable and clean—Wind, solar, hydro, tidal, geothermal—Mother Nature is very giving."
That's the cool thing about EVs... they can run on ANYTHING. Also, you can put solar panels on your roof, but you cant drill and refine your own petrol out of your back yard.

Great post with good humor thrown in as usual.

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2012, 12:50:21 AM »
Thanks EB :)

Never sure how my "humor" will come across...like single malt scotch, I am an acquired tasted...or I smell like sharpie markers....one or the other...

I think of you more as a compadre than a competitor...I hope we both get a bike we want as soon as possible.

G

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Re: Re: My BrammoBlog....
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2012, 06:37:35 AM »
I think of you more as a compadre than a competitor...I hope we both get a bike we want as soon as possible.
Aww... Maybe I should change the forum's name to eBrammoHarmony.

Don't trust him, Jeremy. It's all part of his plan to be the Brammoevangelista Supremo. ;)
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2012, 08:18:45 AM »
eBrammoHarmony - where we go to be teased by Brammo. Sweet promises of bikes .. only when we meet them in real life (shipping this month, yes?) .. they've put on a few pounds and a few dollars.
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2012, 09:00:07 AM »
LOLZ. We can all get along here... until someone buys a Zero. :P JK. I think most of us like Zero's too, myself included. Just like Brammo's a little more.

@Proto... they only really need to ship one! I will even take the one we saw with dynamite strapped to it.