Author Topic: Telsa S getting raves...I want the Empulse to be just like the S  (Read 1381 times)

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
http://green.autoblog.com/2012/06/25/tesla-model-s-reviews/

Some delays, some issues with prices...but in the end Tesla come out strong with what could be a game changing vehicle...probably the only way they could compete with the big boys...heck if I was looking at a Mercedes or BMW or Audi right now, well I would get the S over all of them.

I kinda hope the Empulse does the same thing...becomes a game changing electric motorcycle that allows Brammo to grow and survive once the big boys jump in...

Gavin

Sorian

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Telsa S getting raves...I want the Empulse to be just like the S
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 09:44:24 PM »
Grrrrrrrr!!! This didn't help me, I want a Model S but I can only afford so much.

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 08:47:16 AM »
The Model S is good. I'm far outside the market for the S, but Tesla keeps expanding their market coverage.

If.they can build a smaller 5 seat car with a 40 kwh pack for.. say 35k after rebate.. 2015-2016 time frame.. I think they'll do very well with it.

Model X is up next, but it's going to be a much lighter design effort than the S (same platform, same power train, different top hat). I believe Tesla has a small sedan and a new Roadster targeted next (maybe not at the same time).
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2012, 11:39:13 AM »
It looks like Tesla is having production problems. I guess it isn't easy to mass produce a new vehicle with parts that are not off-the-shelf.

A according to an article in today's newspaper, written by Dana Hull of mercurynews.com, Tesla have only delivered 10 Model S cars since the big roll-out on June 22 (and those cars only went to special people).  It seems like they are having problems with their suppliers delivering parts on time and the quality of some of the out-sourced components are not meeting their specifications.  Tesla says that they are on track to deliver 5,000 units this year but some analysts are not so sure.  Tesla says that they have made a total of 40 Model S sedans to date, but they are having minor production glitches right now, however they will ramp up production to 20,000 units during 2013. 

Theo O'Neill, an analyst with Wunderlich Securities, published a scathing research note earlier this week in which he said "They are going to have to raise more cash, and the fact that they haven't gotten the interior (of the car) right is a problem.  Tesla says that about 12,200 customers have put down reservations for the Model S as of mid-July.
current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2007 BMW R1200R, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2012, 01:43:27 PM »
Maybe Gavin got his wish then..

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2012, 02:34:20 PM »
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2012, 03:04:01 PM »
But.. there's noone there..  ???

Edit: maybe they all walked over to the room for the June Empulse owners.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 03:39:05 PM by protomech »

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2012, 11:21:22 PM »
A according to an article in today's newspaper, written by Dana Hull of mercurynews.com, Tesla have only delivered 10 Model S cars since the big roll-out on June 22.

A lot of folks are making the same mistake as Dana Hull when they read Tesla's 2nd quarter report.  Tesla is reporting that 10 Model S cars were delivered between June 22 and the end of Tesla's 2nd quarter.  Well, that happened to be just 5 business days later on June 30th, not the entire full month between June 22 and today. 

The same goes for the prediction of Tesla running out of cash.  The only way they could run out of cash is if they somehow miss their 2012 production targets by 90% or more.  Not too likely at this point. 

Car Loss

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2012, 07:14:14 AM »
The only way they could run out of cash is if they somehow miss their 2012 production targets by 90% or more.  Not too likely at this point. 

Also, that would require Elon Musk to sit back and let his huge wad sit idle.

(BTW, those familiar with Musk know that it's an apt description.)

Carlos

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2012, 08:32:40 AM »
Musk is already heavily invested in Tesla. I recall that at one point earlier he was claiming to be nearing bankruptcy .. though that could have been a ploy for the divorce trial, who knows.

SpaceX does look like it's going to see some nice profits, which is very good news for Elon.

Car Loss

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2012, 01:34:58 PM »
Musk is already heavily invested in Tesla. I recall that at one point earlier he was claiming to be nearing bankruptcy .. though that could have been a ploy for the divorce trial, who knows.

I should clarify: those familiar with Musk's personality and style know he's not the type to let Tesla wither.  In particular, the backstory of the divorce shows he doesn't let things happen, he makes things happen, for better or for worse.  Also, his dealings with the rocket industry show he doesn't accept the hand he's given, he will stack the deck if given the opportunity.  Hence, "huge wad" is both an economic and social description.

SpaceX should be out of the woods, not because their profits are massive (they are profitable, though by how much is hard to put in context).  What's massive is their order backlog, which is of course illiquid, but big enough to ride out the fallout from a bad launch or two without taking the place down.  It's as if Brammo had achieved that Empulse goal (1000 preorders) right off the bat: not a true revenue stream, but an undeniable sign to boost investor confidence.

Carlos