General > Off Topic

Telsa S getting raves...I want the Empulse to be just like the S

(1/3) > >>

Gavin:
http://green.autoblog.com/2012/06/25/tesla-model-s-reviews/

Some delays, some issues with prices...but in the end Tesla come out strong with what could be a game changing vehicle...probably the only way they could compete with the big boys...heck if I was looking at a Mercedes or BMW or Audi right now, well I would get the S over all of them.

I kinda hope the Empulse does the same thing...becomes a game changing electric motorcycle that allows Brammo to grow and survive once the big boys jump in...

Gavin

Sorian:
Grrrrrrrr!!! This didn't help me, I want a Model S but I can only afford so much.

protomech:
The Model S is good. I'm far outside the market for the S, but Tesla keeps expanding their market coverage.

If.they can build a smaller 5 seat car with a 40 kwh pack for.. say 35k after rebate.. 2015-2016 time frame.. I think they'll do very well with it.

Model X is up next, but it's going to be a much lighter design effort than the S (same platform, same power train, different top hat). I believe Tesla has a small sedan and a new Roadster targeted next (maybe not at the same time).

Richard230:
It looks like Tesla is having production problems. I guess it isn't easy to mass produce a new vehicle with parts that are not off-the-shelf.

A according to an article in today's newspaper, written by Dana Hull of mercurynews.com, Tesla have only delivered 10 Model S cars since the big roll-out on June 22 (and those cars only went to special people).  It seems like they are having problems with their suppliers delivering parts on time and the quality of some of the out-sourced components are not meeting their specifications.  Tesla says that they are on track to deliver 5,000 units this year but some analysts are not so sure.  Tesla says that they have made a total of 40 Model S sedans to date, but they are having minor production glitches right now, however they will ramp up production to 20,000 units during 2013. 

Theo O'Neill, an analyst with Wunderlich Securities, published a scathing research note earlier this week in which he said "They are going to have to raise more cash, and the fact that they haven't gotten the interior (of the car) right is a problem.  Tesla says that about 12,200 customers have put down reservations for the Model S as of mid-July.

protomech:
Maybe Gavin got his wish then..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version