Author Topic: vapor in control panel  (Read 1446 times)

Adan

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Email
vapor in control panel
« on: July 03, 2012, 11:13:40 AM »
After my enertia was ridden and left out in the rain a few months ago, some vapor appeared in both the speedo and the computer panel.  I haven't considered this cause for alarm, it sometimes happens to bikes and I figured unless something malfunctions, I probably have no case for repair/replacement.  But it's annoying because it obscures what I'm trying to look at.  After quite a bit of time, the vapor is mostly gone.  But of course I assume it will happen again next rainy season.

Has anyone had this problem?  Has anyone tried silicone sealant around the seams in the controls to prevent it?

Adan

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
Re: vapor in control panel
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 11:16:33 AM »
High desert living for me...so no.

But we do have a number of members who live in much more humid climates than me.

Hopefully they will have an answer...Heck, Ashland has to be be fairly wet quite often.

Gavin

Phantom

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 01:50:16 PM »
Has anyone had this problem? Has anyone tried silicone sealant around the seams in the controls to prevent it?

Yes, but it seems to be only a temporary problem based on the following thread:

http://brammoforum.com/index.php?topic=218.msg913#msg913

I ride in wet and humid weather a lot and I have not personally seen this issue with my Enertia Classic. I bet a silicone sealant would help.

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 05:07:14 PM »
This was a common problem with early BMW K-bikes.  I believe one solution was to vent the speedometer assembly with a vent hole or two and seal them with a Gore Tex-type membrane.
current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2007 BMW R1200R, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.