Author Topic: Want esbk.co to cover Laguna Seca? Please Donate!  (Read 799 times)

ttxgpfan

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
Want esbk.co to cover Laguna Seca? Please Donate!
« on: July 11, 2012, 10:49:44 PM »
http://esbk.co/2012/07/11/want-esbk-co-to-cover-laguna-seca-please-donate/

"Yes folks, unfortunately money does talk.  I really want to go to Laguna Seca to try to bring you the best coverage I can.  I have a basic battle plan that includes mostly Facebook, Twitter, and the audio recorder app on my Garminfone (which is what I use to record the podcast, no joke).  If you want live video coverage you’d better take it up with the FIM.  But for everything else the budget is $1000, of which I have none.  I will apply for press credentials, but we’ll see what happens with that (probably too late).  Heck, I’m not even sure where I’m gonna sleep.  Shelina Moreda seems to think that worst case is I’ll be able to figure that out when I get there.  Great, lol.

Anyway, this money will go into an account that is just for this site.  So, if I don’t get enough to go to Laguna Seca, it will just roll over so that I can make the Miller round, and if I don’t make that, then it will be used to get me to Daytona.

I am going to try to get sponsorship, but with only 2000 hits a month, basically I’d really only be able to ask for enough to pay for one night’s tent rental.  lol.

Yep, esbk.co has just become pay-per-tweet!

KTRSD

Update:  Oh yeah.  The donate button is on the right hand side of the page under the Twitter feed.  :D"

Spam, I know.  But any help is greatly appreciated.  If 100 people (about how many follow my blog) donate $10, I'll be able to go and record interviews, take pictures, post updates to facebook and twitter, and hopefully post a podcast every night with sound bites from all the teams.

Thank you for your time.

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
Re: Want esbk.co to cover Laguna Seca? Please Donate!
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 12:27:06 AM »
Take a look at ttxgpfan's previously unposted coverage for Miller last year:
http://esbk.co/2012/06/28/way-back-machine-a-rabid-fans-perspective-of-a-ttxgp-race/

I don't know what TTXGP's PR budget is - probably close to zero - but flying Richard to Laguna Seca is probably the best bang for the buck they could get : P
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 08:08:58 AM »
10 bucks sent...

Hope you make it...

G

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 10:29:41 AM »
Since I cant go this year... hopefully you can! Donated. :)
If you dont make it to Laguna, I may see you at Miller. I will definitely be there.

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2012, 10:34:02 AM »
If you dont make it to Laguna, I may see you at Miller. I will definitely be there.

Picking up your bike at Miller? :)

Gavin

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2012, 10:54:36 AM »

Picking up your bike at Miller? :)

Gavin

I wish! BTW I cant make Laguna because my wife is 8.5 months prego! I will have other things on my mind. :)

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2012, 11:47:26 PM »
http://esbk.co/

The blog has really been improving in leaps and bounds.

Very nice job...lots of info and images.

Gavin

ttxgpfan

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2012, 09:47:31 PM »
Thanks guys!  I felt a bit weird about asking for donations, but I figured this gave people who wanted more coverage, and me specifically to cover it, a say.  If I get enough to go (almost half way there [42%] already thanks to Team Brammo!) I'll be sure to share how I got there with the TTXGP and FIM.  This should give them ammo when approaching sponsors.  'No, there aren't a lot of them, but they all ponied up and gave this middle-aged, balding, and chubby bicycle mechanic cash money to cover Laguna.  They have money and will spend it.'

As far as the blog goes, thank you Gavin!  I feel bad about the hiatus, but it needed to be done.  I tell you what, it's been rough getting back in the saddle again.  I really hope the MotoCzysz team has a BBQ in the pits at Laguna, so this time I can say the was a fire in their pits, and it's the truth.  :-\ ;)