Author Topic: Brammo Empulse RR in the Corkscrew  (Read 2030 times)

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Brammo Empulse RR in the Corkscrew
« on: July 12, 2012, 04:47:44 PM »
Some great photos of Steve Atlas on the Empulse RR in the corkscrew at Laguna Seca (from the EV Live event) are over on Hell for Leather Magazine.  Let me know if you can/can't see the photos.  I definitely don't want to link directly to the gallery...those guys get serious about their photos.

http://hellforleathermagazine.com/2012/07/brammo-empulse-rr-in-the-corkscrew/
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

ttxgpfan

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Brammo Empulse RR in the Corkscrew
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 08:39:55 PM »
Harry, on your comment on HFL: Mission posted a youtube video of the bike lapping Laguna.  No text, just the video. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=3016348422771

But I think he is making an assumption.

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 10:49:08 PM »
I would love for Mission to show and race.

1. They have a beautiful bike and I would love to see it in person.

2. It would be a great way to judge how far the Empulse has come.

3. More bikes means more coverage.

4. It would say a lot if Brammo won.

Either way, I'm excited to go :)

Gavin

Deadly Silent Ninja

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 11:16:16 PM »
I would love for Mission to show and race.

I would love if everyone showed up. THAT would make for a real press event and for an awesome race!
Imagine:

Brammo, Mission, Lightning (2 bikes), MotoCzysz (2 bikes), VTECH, Zero (4 bikes), Protomoto... at least 12 motorcycles racing! And some of them would actually be competitive!  8)

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2012, 11:20:06 PM »
Is there a list of those showing up?

Has Motoczyzs got their bikes fixed?

Lightning?

Seems more teams should have used ReFuel to get some practice.....

G

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2012, 09:50:14 AM »
The VT Bolt team has said they will make the next two NA TTXGP races. Hopefully they'll be invited to the final and make that as well.
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

ttxgpfan

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2012, 12:26:54 AM »
First off, Laguna Seca was the best attended elmoto race since the start, and has stayed that way.

I suspect that Mission will show, but it is just a guess.

Lightning has really bad communication, but dollars to doughnuts they'll be there at Laguna.

MC surely has their bikes ready, and maybe even tested.  They will definitely be there, and with both bikes.  But I say that not having confirmed it with them.  But I feel they only care about 2 races,  The IOM and Laguna Seca.  I doubt we will see them at any other race.  Or rather, I would have doubted that until they didn't run at PIR.  PIR is home territory, so there was no way they would not run there.  MC is not the biggest fan of the TTXGP series, but sponsor obligations (or getting beat again, may force them to show at Miller for the second year in a row.

VT Bolt will be there.  Their rider Matt Kent is 4th in the points by my count.  And it's the top 4 riders from each series get invited to the world final.  At least the last I knew.  Also, if 4 bikes from each series don't attend, they go down the list in order of points to fill the 12 bike grid.  So, they may still have a shot if the Aussies and Euros don't have the money to attend. 

I just asked Muench if they'll be there.  They may be saving their $$$ for Daytona, and defending their World title. 

Not sure Ely will be there. 

At least 4 Zero bikes should be there.  Kenyon and Zero have championship leads to defend.

Rumor is if everyone who says they are coming, comes, there will be 15 bikes on the grid.  Don't forget it is an FIM race first, so the Euros should show.

BrammoBrian

• Obsessive Empulsive
  • Brammovangelist
  • Director of Product Development - Brammo, Inc.
    • View Profile
    • BRAMMO
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2012, 11:20:28 AM »
Some great photos of Steve Atlas on the Empulse RR in the corkscrew at Laguna Seca (from the EV Live event) are over on Hell for Leather Magazine.  Let me know if you can/can't see the photos.  I definitely don't want to link directly to the gallery...those guys get serious about their photos.

Don't worry, they got the photos from us.  You can see many more photos in our SmugMug gallery here: http://brammoelectricmotorcycles.smugmug.com/Racing/ReFUEL-Time-Trial-at-Laguna/24118207_LfjzK3#!i=1959814779&k=pPM8GfV

I call this one... "Where'd Steve go?!" ;)

Photo Credit: CaliPhotography

BTW... If anyone from the forum can make it to Laguna, I can promise you won't be disappointed.  We've got a surprise or two in store... ;)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 11:24:00 AM by BrammoBrian »

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2012, 01:16:25 PM »
Empulse R or TTX (anyone remember those?) on track would be awesome : )
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/