Author Topic: hello from phoenix!  (Read 1677 times)

webman

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
hello from phoenix!
« on: May 20, 2010, 01:34:59 PM »
Hello everyone, from sunny (and soon to be scorching) Phoenix.  I recently discovered this site throught Brammofan's great blog!  I've also occasionally browsed the elmoto.net pages, so I've seen BrammoBrian's great posts there, too.

A little about myself:

I'm a longtime motorcyclist, who started riding in 1990.  I've owned Hondas, Yamahas, one Ducati, and have ridden many other bikes over the years; I've got well over 100,000 riding miles under my belt.  I like practically all kinds of bikes - touring rigs, sportbikes, dirtbikes, cruisers, etc.  I first heard about Brammo about a year and half ago, and was immediately impressed by their seriousness of purpose, the extremely high level of design, finish, and attention to detail their bikes showed.  As a designer myself, with many design awards in my branch of design (architecture), I know what it takes to create a truly original, fully-integrated design, and to bring it to completion.  Bravo to the team at brammo for designing and building a truly wonderful machine!

I've been waiting for the electric vehicle revolution since I was a young boy, during the late '70s.  Back then, I remember reading a wonderful special edition of National Geographic which outlined what needed to happen to address the energy crisis.  They talked at length about electric and hybrid cars; at the time, I figured we'd be seeing them on the road by the time I graduated high school (1987).  As we all know, it's taken considerably longer than anyone back then imagined.  Still, I'm really excited to see the future is finally here, and that electric motorcycles are leading the way.

While I'm not in a position to buy an enertia anytime soon, due to the abysmal economy, I look forward to following developments here, and thank you all for helping to change the world!
webman, aka eric

brammo vehicle desired:  Empulse 8.0
current rides:  '97 yamaha seca II (low miles, but beater)
'06 honda metro (wife's bike, mostly)
previous bikes:
'97 ducati monster 750
'91 yamaha FZR600
'84 Honda VF750 Interceptor

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: hello from phoenix!
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2010, 01:51:18 PM »
Welcome to the forum, webman!  Sorry about the abysmal economy preventing your purchase of an Enertia.  You do have some options -- there's some great financing deals through Best Buy, there is a federal tax credit, (not sure about Arizona... maybe that should be my next state to do an out-of-pocket analysis on), and, of course, there's the whole evangelism route.  However, given the number of hours I've put in blogging, tweeting, researching, etc., I think I would have saved money if I'd just bought one of the darn things. 

Anyway, there's another member here from Arizona. I think he's even from Phoenix.  Maybe you can talk him into a test ride.  Once you get hooked . . .
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

Phantom

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2010, 01:58:51 PM »
Welcome to the forum. This forum is great for information on Brammo and the Enertia.

I noticed in an another thread that you were in the Marines. Thank you for your service. I am going to a WWII museum on Saturday in my MA. Here is the link  http://www.museumofworldwarii.com.

Let's hope the economy turns around to get more people on a Brammo Enertia. My commute to work is eight miles each way on mostly backroads. I have justified my purchase as a way to lower my commuting costs.

webman

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2010, 12:43:29 PM »
Thanks, Phantom.  I was in the USMC 1987-91.  I blew out my knee during training for MSG battalion (these are the guys who guard US embassies around the world) in '91, which also kept be out of Desert Storm.  I still miss it sometimes.

Never been to that museum, but the D-Day museum in New Orleans was pretty interesting.

I'd love to get on an Enertia soon, but my old IC-powered '97 yamaha seca II will have to do for now.  Thanks for giving me a warm welcome to the forum!

Sincerely,
the webman
webman, aka eric

brammo vehicle desired:  Empulse 8.0
current rides:  '97 yamaha seca II (low miles, but beater)
'06 honda metro (wife's bike, mostly)
previous bikes:
'97 ducati monster 750
'91 yamaha FZR600
'84 Honda VF750 Interceptor