Author Topic: Steve-O and E Boz at Laguna  (Read 1124 times)

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Steve-O and E Boz at Laguna
« on: August 09, 2012, 02:25:24 PM »
Steve Atlas has written a new blog post:
http://www.brammo.com/blogs/?p=1565

I have to give Steve credit: his description of the races he's in continues to be pretty amazing.  He can describe something in detail that may have lasted a second or two on the track and it seems clear to me that he remembers everything that happens out there, like a human digital recorder.

And a wrap-up:
This was an awesome result for our first weekend as a two-rider team, especially when one factors in just how last-minute everything went together. But hats off to all the Brammo guys; they all put in countless hours to make this weekend happen. And while it wasn't without its hiccups, to end up with both bikes on the podium and to be within 0.3 seconds of the quickest lap of the race was just awesome. And the cherry on top? We now lead the TTXGP Championship points by seven over both Kenyon Kluge and Barnes going into the final round of the North American series at Miller Motorsports Park later this month! So it's back to work testing more new parts as we attempt to repeat as series champions in a few weeks’ time.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
Re: Steve-O and E Boz at Laguna
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 02:39:20 PM »
Very nice & detailed race report.

If Barnes and Atlas finish 1-2 at Miller, what will the season standing look like then? And I assume the world championship @ Daytona is not included in the NA TTXGP championship?
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 04:10:42 PM »
25 for first
20 for second
16 for third

Barnes will want to win and have either his teammate or Eric Bostrom to come in second...or anybody but SteveO.

I wonder, if Eric is ahead of SteveO, would he slow down on the last lap?? I guess it depends on what place SteveO is at that time....

Of course SteveO first, or Eric first and SteveO either second or third and it doesn't matter.

Gavin

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 04:36:08 PM »
I remember when SteveO got his first look at the bike at Laguna....

"Lots of new parts," he said.

He did not say it in a happy voice.

I can't blame him...but it is a constant battle between rider and crew...

Rider wants a bike he is comfortable with, that he trusts.

Design Crew want to change any (or every) part to get more speed, more agility, more...well just more.

A rider will like that if he has lots of time to try the bike...but it seems each time SteveO touches the bike it has "lots of new parts" AND he has very little time to test the bike (if any).

Congrats...he ran hard and fast and agressive....it was fun to watch.

Eric had a great beginning too...but you could tell by his speed after about the 3rd lap, beginning of 4th, that something "happened"...he just moved slower.

I was hanging with the Brammo service people (Jenn and David) up on a hill watching the race (the pit was amazing to be in during qualifying...I didn't even ask at all for the race...tooooo much tension going on down there I'm sure). They thought he might be holding back to go really hard at the end of the race...but I didn't think so...the riding felt off...and Eric had been fast and aggressive, then suddenly much less so.

Luckily he still got 3rd with a mildly limping bike.

Gavin

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2012, 04:16:10 PM »
current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2007 BMW R1200R, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.