Author Topic: August News. Deliveries this month! (We hope)  (Read 4602 times)

FreepZ

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Empulse Experience
    • Email
Re: August News. Deliveries this month! (We hope)
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2012, 11:45:26 AM »

Empulse production line...

Here's an idea: stick a webcam up there that takes a photograph every day. Then we could see the miracle of (motorcycle) birth as it happens!
Richard #935 #595 #44

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2012, 10:09:45 PM »
oooh... I like the webcam idea, Richard.

And at the end of each day or two, throw up a video on their Facebook page showing the last 24 - 48 hours in super fast motion.

I vote we put Richard in charge of Customer Relationship Management, since the position is obviously vacant!

CBke

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2012, 12:21:57 PM »
Last week I've made some test rides (Enertia and Zero XU 2012) and reconfirmed my order for the Enertia+.
Today I received the message my plus would be delivered last week of August....
CBke

FreepZ

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Empulse Experience
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2012, 12:35:56 PM »
Woohoo!
Progress!
That's the most precise delivery data we've seen so far!
Only about two weeks to go! (You lucky dawg!)
Richard #935 #595 #44

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2012, 01:36:40 PM »
Today I received the message my plus would be delivered last week of August....

Isn't this the very first confirmed delivery date we've heard out of Brammo?  Or did I miss other posts?

That's just 2 weeks away, right?

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2012, 01:55:43 PM »
That's the first consumer delivery of an Enertia+ I've seen here. Very happy Brammo is making with the deliveries : )

CBke, what were your thoughts on riding both the Enertia and the 2012 XU?
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2012, 03:32:58 PM »
Its been a long wait... But our patience is about to pay off! Now we just need to hear a status update on the Empulse. :)

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2012, 04:28:28 PM »
Congrats.

What number where you on the pre-order list?

have fun :)

Gavin

Vibetrippin

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2012, 12:51:37 PM »
If customers are getting theirs in two weeks, shouldn't we be seeing reviews of these already?

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2012, 01:08:27 PM »
Wired already has a (very abbreviated) review of the Enertia Plus from back in March: http://www.wired.com/reviews/2012/03/reviews_electricmotorcycles/?pid=2229

CBke

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2012, 04:27:25 PM »
What number where you on the pre-order list?

My order id is 2011-05-10-1126. But as you can see, we don't work that way in Europe....

CBke, what were your thoughts on riding both the Enertia and the 2012 XU?

Some things are different, some things the same. I'm going to make a list of my findings and put it in a new thread.

Tomorow Kingcharles is going to make a test ride, maybe he's got more information about deliveries of Brammo. 
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 04:29:35 PM by CBke »
CBke

kingcharles

• Empulse E1 80-MF-DR
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2012, 09:50:59 AM »
I had a great (hot...) ride on the Enertia today! + 31 deg. Celsius here today...
The bike came from Belgium and had Belgium plates. Apparently the EU headquarters are in Germany with sub-distributors in various countries. EVC Heemskerk is a dealer and gets his bikes through the Belgium sub-distri.
The Enertia + is available from September this year for deliveries (in three colours) and the Empulse will see its EU launch at Intermot in October. Although I was told that deliveries in EU for the Empulse would not start before in April 2013  :(
There are 75 basic Enertia's available for the EU and most of these will be demo bikes for the various dealers. There are no new basic Enertia's planned for the EU.
I also understood that there are some relations between ElMoto and Brammo in Europe which makes sense as the ElMoto always seemed like a baby Brammo to me. I drove the ElMoto in the past and it is also a fun little bike with very high bild quality just like the Brammo I rode today.
We did a little drag race between the Enertia and my old Vectrix and the Vectrix is a little quicker off the line but after that the accelleration is quite the same. I will post a video of it later.
Brammo Empulse is expected to be at least 15.000 Euro. but it depends on what the Dollar does at that time because the Empulse is build in the US where the Enertia + is build in Hungary. So, go Euro!

But the test ride of the Enertia convinced me that Brammo knows how to build a good bike. After two corners I felt comfortable on the bike and the brakes are fine. I only found that at higher speeds it becomes a bit jumpy on poor roadsurface. But nothing worrying.
I hope that I can become the first Empulse customer in this country and that my Vectrix will last until that day...
Once you go EV, gas is history!

FrankH

• Empulse Guru
  • First Enertia+ in the Netherlands!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2012, 02:19:02 PM »
Some of my impressions of the test drive we had today on the Enertia Classic:

The bike looks really solid and I loved it right away.
  It was a really hot day so the fan kicked in almost immediately, but you can only hear that when you're not driving.
  I made it go over 100km/h easily, but not much more than that (and i guess I had the wind in my back at the time).
  That short speed test got the battery from 100% to 80%. That's fast and I hope the Plus has some more stamina there.
  I also did some more urban driving, trying to see how fast you can get away from a traffic light and that felt a bit disappointing. It really feels like the first thing that happens when you fully twist the handle is ... nothing. And then it starts a little slower than I'm used to with my Suzuki (but then you also get a lot of noise so that might colour my perception a bit there). Accelerating without constantly switching gears is a lot smoother though (although a bit less intense). The dealer himself did a test drive and when stopped at the traffic light right in front of the dealership, he couldn't win from a van. I hope some tweaking of the settings may improve that part, and maybe the plus accelerates a little better?

All in all, I had decided before I came that only if the bike looked bad in real life, or if it was not fun to drive it, I wouldn't buy it. And it passed both tests beautifully so - I ordered a black Enertia Plus! After waiting almost two years, I'm really glad it paid off, and that I don't have to go looking for something else. If all goes according to plan, it will be delivered before the end of August. That means THIS month, this summer!
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 02:22:03 PM by FrankH »

kingcharles

• Empulse E1 80-MF-DR
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2012, 02:55:47 PM »
I ordered a black Enertia Plus! After waiting almost two years, I'm really glad it paid off, and that I don't have to go looking for something else. If all goes according to plan, it will be delivered before the end of August. That means THIS month, this summer!

Congratulations! That also means you will have the very first Brammo in The Netherlands!
Super cool
Once you go EV, gas is history!

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2012, 03:14:51 PM »
If this is an Enertia Classic with the power button on the tank, I believe it uses the Perm 120 rather than the Perm 126 in the 2012 Enertias. Same rated outputs, but the 126 is supposed to be a little more torquey, quieter and doesn't heat up as much.
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/