The Brammo Buying Experience > Taxes, Incentives, Advantages

New [Proposed] Federal 10% Credit

(1/6) > >>

protomech:
http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120803/AUTO01/208030348/1148/AUTO01/Senate-panel-passes-electric-bike-credit

10% up to $2500. I guess the Lightnings and the Brutus bikes can max out the credit.

No word yet on whether this applies to bikes purchased in 2012, but it almost certainly will apply to bikes in 2013.

Apparently part of a big bundle of tax credits and incentives. Don't know if this goes anyplace else after or if it's good as is. It'd be a good guess that Brammo and their Oregon representatives pushed hard for this.
http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2012/08/senate_panel_revives_dozens_of.html

--- Quote ---Sen. Ron Wyden, D-Ore., a longtime sponsor of tax reform, won a committee vote to revive a tax credit of $2,500 for purchasers of electric motorcycles. Oregon is home to two manufacturers of high-end electric motorcycles, Arcimoto and Brammo Inc. “I’ve spent 10 years working for tax reform,” Wyden said after the vote. “But until you get it, you’re not a purist who sits around and says, ‘Oh, my constituents don’t matter.’”
--- End quote ---

Edit: It looks like this covers bikes purchased in 2012 and 2013.
http://www.finance.senate.gov/newsroom/chairman/release/?id=e3290a69-8fa4-4a6d-8c3a-756ea03a4224

--- Quote ---Plug-in Electric Motorcycles and Highway Vehicles.  The provision reforms and extends for two years, through 2013, the individual income tax credit for highway-capable plug-in motorcycles and 3-wheeled vehicles.  This proposal replaces a 10 percent tax credit that expired at the end of 2011 for plug-in electric motorcycles, three-wheeled vehicles and low-speed vehicles.  Thus it repeals the ability for golf carts and other low-speed vehicles to qualify for the credit.  Revenue estimate pending.
--- End quote ---

I bought the Zero without expectation of a tax incentive, but I'm not too proud to take one when available.

Gavin:
Great news...I had a number of people asking about the tax credit when I was "playing" at being a Brammo Employee at Laguna Seca.

Every bit helps.

And great news that it passed.

Gavin

Gavin:
Plus at 10,995 becomes just under 10k, a good number (9995 is better that 10000 for some reason)

Empulse drops almost 2k...bringing it back to the original price range.

very nice.

Is it an instant "rebate" or money off on your tax returns. Instant rebate would be really really nice.

Gavin

Deadly Silent Ninja:
Awesome!  :D

Now, if Virginia added another discount on top of that...  ::)

--- Quote ---Empulse drops almost 2k...bringing it back to the original price range.
--- End quote ---

Sorry, but it does not. It will still be over $15K, which is above the highest original price for the Empulse.

The Empulse R doesn't even get close. >:(

Anyway, great news and anyone living in a decent forward-looking state should be happy. The Plus under $10K is the biggest piece of news, I think. That makes it a great elmoto within the affordability threshold many people expected. Hmmm... a clip-on on that eclipse black... Nah... I've been waiting for too long. I'm pretty sure 2013 will bring some amazing and affordable elmotos.

Gavin:
"Range"...I gave some leeway :)

Gavin

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version