Author Topic: "Creating lustful machines" - the core to Brammo's business  (Read 1519 times)

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
"Creating lustful machines" - the core to Brammo's business
« on: August 09, 2012, 12:57:48 PM »
An interview with Craig Bramscher, Brammo CEO in MSN's "Exhaust Notes" column this week. 
Polaris Invests $13 Million in Electric-Motorcycle Startup Brammo
Deal 'validates 5 years of work,' says Brammo CEO Craig Bramscher.

Relevant to the Polaris investment and the Empulse:
EN: And what about the Empulse? Will we see this bike on the market sooner thanks to this deal?

CB: We haven't announced the production run of the Empulse just yet. Let's just say [of the schedule] it gets better.

I have no idea what that means.  ???

But this was an interesting and creative exchange:

CB: . . . It's really a continuous treadmill between improving that tech and creating amazing, beautiful machines. That is core to our business: creating lustful machines.

EN: And what, for you, makes a lustful machine?

CB (pauses): That's a good question. For me it's a reaction more than anything; it's about a bit of obsession. If you have a machine that's so utilitarian ... if you don't know every detail, if you don't wash it and then just sit and look at it for a while, if you're not finding excuses to make your way to the garage just to get another look at it, well, that's not a lustful machine.

And that's really what we aim to make: a lustful machine that's also the best. We don't want to be the best electric option out there -- we want to be one of the very best options, period.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
Re: "Creating lustful machines" - the core to Brammo's business
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 01:18:37 PM »
Maybe Mr. Bramscher was talking specifically about the non-R Empulse.

It seems like they're going to hold off on building the non-R Empulse until they've moved into their new digs. The Empulse Rs may be built in small quantities while they're preparing to move.
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 04:37:32 PM »
My former boss had a lustful machine. It was an Ducati 916. He built an atrium in his home in which to display it.  But he never rode it. Just looked at it.   ???
current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2007 BMW R1200R, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

FreepZ

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Empulse Experience
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 06:17:48 PM »
CB: We don't want to be the best electric option out there -- we want to be one of the very best options, period.

That's what Elon Musk said about the Tesla Model S, except that Elon said that the Model S was the best sedan, bar none. Looks like Craig is a bit less ambitious.

My former boss had a lustful machine. It was an Ducati 916. He built an atrium in his home in which to display it.  But he never rode it. Just looked at it.   ???

What a waste. :( I thought the same thing when I saw a Harley Davidson bike trapped in a Harley Davidson clothing store in an airport once. All that engineering, just be turned into a sculpture.
Richard #935 #595 #44