Author Topic: Tickets to the TTXGP World Series Final?  (Read 2283 times)

FreepZ

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Empulse Experience
    • Email
Tickets to the TTXGP World Series Final?
« on: August 25, 2012, 08:40:39 PM »
I know that it's still another two months before the TTXGP final in Daytona, but I figured that I should start looking for tickets to see the race. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find where to get them.

The only thing that I can get Daytona Speedway tickets for in October is this:

Fall Cycle Scene

My guess is that if I get tickets for this, I'll be able to see the race, but there's nothing in the description that says anything about an electric bike race. This is what it does say about racing:
Motorcycle races:
Vintage motorcycle racing returns to Daytona along with Championship Cup Series Winner-Take-All National Championship Sprints and the American Sportbike Racing Association & Team Challenge Final Round for Champion Points. Catch all the action during Fall Cycle Scene 2012 as top riders compete on the 3.56-mile road course at the “World Center of Racing.

On the "More Info" page, you can also see:
Racing:
Championship Cup Series/American Sportbike Racing Association and American Historic Racing Motorcycle Association (AHRMA) will compete in motorcycle races on the twist and turns of the 3.51-mile road course.

Perhaps the TTXGP falls under "Championship Cup Series/American Sportbike Racing Association".

If this is indeed the right event, then the tickets should be available here.
The only available option is:
$50 - "4-Day Super Infield Ticket"

I assume that this means that for $50, get access to the stands and the infield. $50 for all you can eat motorcycle goodness seems like a pretty good deal to me. The only other time I was at the Speedway was for the Daytona 500, and that cost a few hundred bucks for a couple of hours with a seat in the stands.
Richard #935 #595 #44

ttxgpfan

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Tickets to the TTXGP World Series Final?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 04:29:32 PM »
I just got confirmation form TTXGP that "We are running as part of AHRMA/CCS", so as far as the event is concerned it's another class, and not it's own entity. 

$50 is entry for all 4 days.  It is $10 for Thursday and Friday each, and $25 for Saturday and Sunday each. 

Now the $50 4-day ticket gets you:

"Infield access
Sprint FANZONEsm
Garage access*
Free parking Thursday-Sunday"

Garage access doesn't start until 11:30am.

I just did a whole write up about it on my blog that I am hoping people will find helpful.

FreepZ

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Empulse Experience
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 05:44:45 PM »
I presume that this is the link to your blog:

http://esbk.co/2012/09/17/the-skinny-on-daytona-not-quite-what-we-hoped-as-an-event-but-the-racing-will-be-awesome/

By the way, there's also a $14 service fee when you buy your ticket online. As far as I know, there's no other way to buy your ticket, except perhaps day by day. So the actual cost is $64 for 4 days.

If you're not planning on doing all 4 days, actually it's cheaper to get tickets on a per day basis (although you would have to queue up every day for your ticket).
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 06:33:26 PM by FreepZ »
Richard #935 #595 #44

ttxgpfan

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2012, 06:47:26 PM »
Oh, that is interesting.

FreepZ

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Empulse Experience
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2012, 09:04:05 PM »
If you're not planning on doing all 4 days, actually it's cheaper to get tickets on a per day basis (although you would have to queue up every day for your ticket).

That presumes that there won't be a price hike on the day of the event, and that there are still tickets available (but given that you get infield access, rather than assigned seating, I would be surprised if they ran out of tickets).
Richard #935 #595 #44

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2012, 02:16:06 PM »
Do we have any idea what is going on what days?

I'm thinking about leaving Huntsville Friday am early, arriving Friday afternoon and grabbing a spot.. I figure practice and racing will be going on sunday, but there's no f#$$ing information available online.

Jensen @ A&R, Michal Uhlarik, and Brian Wismann get into some discussion re: TTXGP here:
http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/racing/brammo-promo-video-daytona-ttxgp-world-series-final/

I agree with a lot of what they have to say. TTXGP has miserable advertising .. or any kind of information for fans. One of the commenters on the A&R article says that he's a fan of Daytona raceway on facebook, is interested in the race, and lives an hour away... and had no idea that the race was happening this next weekend. And there's nothing posted about it on Daytona's site.

Anyhow. I'm buying my ticket. I'll see FreepZ and ttxgpfan there.. looks like there's free infield camping with the weekend pass. Awesome, I just got back from a 3 day backpacking trip, all my gear is ready to go ; )
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2012, 03:21:12 PM »
Gah, that sounds hella fun...I SHOULD HAVE GONE!!!

My truck is perfect for bringing the Enertia Plus and for sleeping in...

Gavin

Deadly Silent Ninja

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2012, 03:26:57 PM »
Do we have any idea what is going on what days?

I'm thinking about leaving Huntsville Friday am early, arriving Friday afternoon and grabbing a spot.. I figure practice and racing will be going on sunday, but there's no f#$$ing information available online.

Jensen @ A&R, Michal Uhlarik, and Brian Wismann get into some discussion re: TTXGP here:
http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/racing/brammo-promo-video-daytona-ttxgp-world-series-final/

I agree with a lot of what they have to say. TTXGP has miserable advertising .. or any kind of information for fans. One of the commenters on the A&R article says that he's a fan of Daytona raceway on facebook, is interested in the race, and lives an hour away... and had no idea that the race was happening this next weekend. And there's nothing posted about it on Daytona's site.

Anyhow. I'm buying my ticket. I'll see FreepZ and ttxgpfan there.. looks like there's free infield camping with the weekend pass. Awesome, I just got back from a 3 day backpacking trip, all my gear is ready to go ; )

Any time I try to find info on TTXGP, I have to hope that a blogger is on the job or something. It's beyond astonishing that a high-tech-related group can't use the basics of communication like a website or social media to post the very minimum info required for people to get there. It's almost like they hate making money.

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2012, 03:28:49 PM »

Dont forget me, I will be there too! :-) I fly in Friday night and arrive Saturday am.

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2012, 03:41:06 PM »
Excellent.. I was afraid I was missing someone.

So.. FreepZ, ttxgpfan, EmpulseBuyer, and me? Anyone else?

Virtually Yours

• Brammoholic
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2012, 02:07:45 AM »
The wife and I will be there Saturday for a half day only. We have a full weekend planned and will end up in Tampa Sunday for Saints @ Bucs (I'm a die hard Saints fan)... When we leave Tampa on Monday I will stop by EuroCycles to check out the sole Brammo Dealer in FL and leave my deposit.
Actually Mine,
Empluse R

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2012, 08:03:51 AM »
TTXGP is recommending that you purchase the tickets from the box office the day you arrive.  More information, here:
http://www.egrandprix.com/news.php?id=318
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2012, 11:39:45 AM »
Hm. I ordered a weekend pass online. Hopefully that's not a problem.. but I wonder if there is a paddock pass or something that is not included.

FreepZ

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Empulse Experience
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2012, 05:27:22 PM »
I think that the weekend pass that you (and I) bought are the same as the day pass, except that the day passes are cheaper. I don't think that TTXGP were recommending that people get a day pass as they were saying that all you will need is a day pass to see them.

Heck, we'll find out in a couple of days! ;D
Richard #935 #595 #44