Author Topic: Hello everybody! New member here!  (Read 1515 times)

the Empulse guy

• Coming to a city near you!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Hello everybody! New member here!
« on: August 29, 2012, 05:00:18 PM »
My name is James Richards and I am sort of new here at Brammo, and wanted to introduce myself.

I have been riding and racing motorcycles for over 30 years. I held an expert road racing license in Oregon and competed in the 750 super sport, and super bike classes, and have years of motocross racing experience. I am also a licensed helicopter and airplane pilot and am currently serving in the Army National Guard as a helicopter mechanic. I have worked in the motorcycle industry for 12 years in sales and finance. I am the dealer support representative for Brammo and will be on the road introducing and demonstrating the new Empulse model electric motorcycle.

I am excited to be a part of an amazing company and a new member on the forum!

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Re: Hello everybody! New member here!
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 05:09:34 PM »
Welcome James. I wish I had lived near you when I owned my two Electric Motorsport GPR-S bikes.   :(
current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2007 BMW R1200R, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Mithion

• Brammovangelist
  • Raised on a Harley but all about electric power!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2012, 05:15:58 PM »
Welcome

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2012, 05:43:03 PM »
Hey James....Good to see you here.

How is the Empulse running? Demos starting soon?

And when are you coming to Albuquerque :)

Kidding, out of your zone I know.

Take care...great meeting you at Laguna Seca.

Gavin

a face to a name...

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2012, 05:48:53 PM »
Welcome to the forum, James.  It really is great to have you as a member.
Also - thank you for your service to the Army National Guard.

Are you going to be out at Miller Motorsports Park this weekend showing off the Empulse?  We're really hoping to hook up one of our members, Empulsebuyer, with a test ride.

The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2012, 05:57:06 PM »
Hello James,

A significant chunk of the Army's rotorcraft testing is done in Huntsville AL now. We just built a very large rotorcraft test center on base, they're moving many of the Fort Rucker personnel here.

Bottom line, if you happen to send any rotorcraft to Huntsville for testing, feel free to drop an Empulse in the transport vehicle as well and I'll just pick it up over here. You're welcome to come along too, you can introduce and demonstrate the bike to the motorcycle community here and then you can just leave the bike. With me. For additional testing and demonstration.

By 'demonstration' I of course do not mean replicating those 60 mph wheelies. On camera. On police camera.

In seriousness, it's always good to get info straight from Brammo here on the forum.

Have you done any extended trips on the Empulse where you charge one or more times away from home base?
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

the Empulse guy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2012, 06:28:38 PM »
Wow! Thank you all for the warm reception! To answer some questions.... Yes, the Brammo race team will be at Miller this weekend, and no, there will not be a production Empulse available for test rides. I have ridden the Empulse R for about 45 minutes (not enough to require a re-charge) on a ride that included about 7 miles of fresh chip seal (seriously loose gravel). I have personally owned over 50 bikes, and have ridden just about everything available from the big four in Japan. I really like the Empulse, and that is my honest, unbiased opinion.

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2012, 07:10:15 PM »
Welcome James.

45 minutes? You need more seat time so you can talk about this puppy with authority to the dealers!

Any idea of when your road trip might get started?

Itinerary?

(We here are used to living on fumes, so any crumbs are REALLY appreciated!)

the Empulse guy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2012, 10:06:59 AM »
We are in the process of getting everything together for the road tours, and that is why I have not had the chance to get more seat time on an Empulse. I cannot say exactly when, but it is going to happen....

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2012, 12:57:44 PM »
Thanks. Looks like we'll have to be satisfied with the vapors for a while longer. But I promise not to inhale. ;)