Author Topic: "An Empulse R On The Line" Picture  (Read 1054 times)

Mithion

• Brammovangelist
  • Raised on a Harley but all about electric power!
    • View Profile
    • Email
"An Empulse R On The Line" Picture
« on: August 30, 2012, 09:16:35 PM »

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Re: "An Empulse R On The Line" Picture
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 09:44:11 AM »
I have to tell you, all of those parts on the Empulse sure look expensive.  I just checked out the price of the stock shock absorber that is used my BMW F650GS, which has a remote pre-load knob and a rebound adjuster, but otherwise is nothing special.  The price to replace the shock absorber is $1050!  If you add up the price of all of the premium chassis parts, to say nothing of the special and unique drive-train components on the Empulse RR, I bet that Brammo is not making a whole lot of profit on the bike at its list price of $19K.  Plus, if you add to that a few years worth of development expenses, it will be a long time before they are going to make enough money to pay back their investors.

And speaking of making a profit, I heard last night on the news that Tesla has announced that sometime next year they should finally show a profit now that the Model S is being mass produced and sold to the public.
current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2007 BMW R1200R, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2012, 11:19:35 AM »
You certainly could not purchase all of the parts for the Empulse at retail prices and assemble it for less than Brammo will sell you the bike.

I recall reading somewhere that the retail prices for all the physical components (no software) in a modern car were well over $100k.
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

dclott

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2012, 12:55:30 PM »
from a financial perspective, the next 12-18 months are super important for Brammo.  They have some very lofty goals when it comes to what type of value they believe they can create.  Definitely possible, but certainly no slam dunk.