Author Topic: Chain replaced at 2000 miles  (Read 1384 times)

Qutaneous

• View Profile
Chain replaced at 2000 miles
« on: September 05, 2012, 10:27:58 AM »
I now have 2000 commuter miles on my Enertia. I have been adjusting the OEM chain about every 300-500 miles. Even with regular lube and maintanence the chain looked and sounded bad. (Hey I live in Issaquah outside Seattle and have to ride in the rain). I researched recommendations on this forum and ordered the 420 O-ring chain suggested. What an improvement and super quiet too. Installation is a bit tricky getting the chain up over the small sprocket.  The instructions recommend using the masterlink to combine new and old chain to "feed" it up over the small sprocket. This would have saved me time but I also had to resize the new chain by removing about 4 links. So far extremely pleased with my Enertia! Wondering if anyone else is getting significantly more than 25 mile range between charges?

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Chain replaced at 2000 miles
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 10:47:41 AM »
Yes, I love my o-ring chain - I don't think it has done anything to increase my range, but it sure makes the riding experience more enjoyable.

My range is probably closer to 30 miles per charge, based on my usual commute and the amount of battery SOC remaining. 
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 11:34:41 AM »
Yeah, I changed my chain on the first loaner at around 2k miles. Did 3k more on it and LOVED IT. Quiet. Much less maintenance.

Pretty sure it is now standard issue with the bike.

I was getting about 34-36 miles for my commuting on the Enertia. With the new loaner Plus I am getting over 80 miles for commuting. Sweet.

I did a 70 mile ride up a mountain and back...much of it over 45 mph, some at 55 mph and I still got home with 9% battery left. The Plus is the way to go.

Gavin

brammoHKjames

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 08:56:33 PM »
I have to agree with Gavin, the Plus is an outstanding bike!!! It's getting really overshadowed by the Empulse hype right now, which is a shame as it's a much better bike than the legacy Enertia.  I was actually disappointed to give the HK police their bikes as i was having way too much fun "testing" them. :) 

Qutaneous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2012, 07:12:18 PM »
Here is the hyper link to the EK 420 SRO O-ring chain from Motorcycle superstore

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/2/9/185/5460/ITEM/EK-420-SRO-O-Ring.aspx?WT.MC_ID=54006&SiteId=10557879-4176049-1n8oadf6mb60v

$62.99 and super fast shipping for my fellow Brammo fans!
This really makes a difference!
Q