Author Topic: Production wlectric commutor tricycle-car  (Read 1767 times)

Durgenbold

Production wlectric commutor tricycle-car
« on: May 26, 2010, 08:31:52 AM »
Hey guys, playing around on Wikipedia found me the Myers Motors NmG (No more Gas), a funky lookin' single/double seat commutor. http://www.myersmotors.com/

Factoids:
Drives like a car but is considered a motorcycle (can be driven without a cycle permit in most places)

Considered safer than a bike but doesn't pass car crash safety standards

Topspeed ~75mph
Range ~60 miles (premium batteries for 80 or 100 miles can be bought extra)
Cost $30,000-$22,000 based on incentives and things

Don't worry, I'm still only seeing the Enertia, but this vehicle is being marketted as the only reasonably priced highway-speed EV available. That could be debated, but I think options like this are great for the future. I wonder what the EV market will be like after I get out of college...

Durgenbold

Production electric commutor tricycle-car
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2010, 11:08:02 AM »
Recently, Myers Motors released the new discounted price for the Duo (the 2-seater coupe) after calculating the number of preorders. The price is now down to $24,995 before the 10% tax credit ($22,495 after).

If you haven't checked out the site yet, the DUO actually looks pretty slick compared to the NmG. The duo looks like a high-quality car from the front and a futuristic super-vehicle from the back. Here's a pic!

SamM

• Going GREEN!
  • Enertia Master
    • View Profile
Re: Production electric commuter tricycle-car
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2010, 12:46:24 AM »
The NmG was previously designed and manufactured by Corbin, as the Corbin Sparrow. The design was sold to Myers when Corbin went into bankruptcy back in the 90's, IIRC. These are pretty cool. I've been watching them for many years. Waiting for the price to come down. Myers made some good upgrades when they took them over. Still too pricey though! Especially for a single-seater.

The 2-seat Duo looks great and it's more useful with 2 seats. At least, I could tske my daughter to school in that one and my wife to the grocey store. Sadly, not at the same time. I like it!   

SamM