Author Topic: SOLD: 2009 Silver Enertia for Sale in North Carolina  (Read 2830 times)

implovator

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
SOLD: 2009 Silver Enertia for Sale in North Carolina
« on: September 11, 2012, 03:35:34 PM »
I've started to list my Enertia for sale. $5500 $5250 $5000 $4750 looks good compared to an Empulse, huh? It has 4700 miles, and has been flawless. Grips are a bit worn, tires look new still, and the chain (OEM) has a few hundred miles on it. If you're within a few hundred miles of Raleigh, NC, then I might be able to work out a FREE delivery for you too. I don't have a lot of free time, but I'll burn a Sunday for a good cause. :)

I'm willing to crate it for shipping. Shipping cost is not included, but I can work through the logistics of finding a freight company and arranging the pickup.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 05:38:23 PM by implovator »

implovator

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
Re: 2009 Silver Enertia for Sale in North Carolina
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 03:59:13 PM »
Blue light's on! (K-Mart reference, not popo)

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 05:59:20 PM »
Just saw this today on Craigslist:

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/mcy/3280907236.html
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

implovator

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 06:37:29 PM »
Yepper. The general public doesn't get the Brammo Friends and Family discount. ;)

implovator

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2012, 01:54:58 PM »
Price drop.

implovator

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
Copy of my ad from another site
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2012, 02:00:23 PM »
This is the copy of my ad from another non-ev moto site.

I'm selling my Brammo Enertia to make room in the garage for their forthcoming Empulse. :)

$5500 - $250 - $250 = $5000
Raleigh, NC

I'm the original owner and have put only 4700 easy commuting miles on this motorcycle. In the process I've saved nearly 300 gallons of diesel. The Enertia costs me about 30 cents a day to commute. The tires practically look new, since it's a light-weight bike. The chain is nearly new. The grips have mild wear. Other than that, the motorcycle is flawless. I'm a huge fan of electric and I'll likely have one in the garage for the rest of my life.

Looking at Brammo's site: http://www.brammo.com/store/
MSRP on a new Enertia is $8000.
MSRP on their upcoming Enertia + is $11000
MSRP on their upcoming Empulse is $17000
MSRP on their upcoming Empulse R is $19000

Being an early adopter on electric vehicles is incredibly expensive. Why not get in the game cheap with a well-maintained, used model?

Any serious offer considered. I can deliver anywhere within 100 miles of Raleigh, NC free. We may be able to work out a longer deliver or even shipping, but buyer will cover the cost.

FAQ
Q. Is it a motorcycle or scooter?
A. It's a street-legal, light-weight motorcycle. It's not going to win any races, but it gets around the corners really fast.

Q. What's the range?
A. I've hyper-miled it to 42 miles on a charge. When I ride it briskly in cold weather, I can get as low as 25 miles per charge. My general rule of thumb for electric vehicles is to make sure that your typical needs are withing 50% - 66% of the advertised range.

Q. How long does it take to charge?
A. I usually only run it down half way when I commute into work. It charges back up in 3.5-4 hrs. A full charge from 0% is typically 8 hours. I leave it on the charger 24/7, because even after it's fully charged, it goes into a battery maintenance mode that levels the cells to ensure that you're range stays high.

Q. How does it charge?
A. It support Level 1 charging only, which is a standard 120 V outlet. It has a cord coiled under the seat and so you can plug in pretty much anywhere. You won't need to install a special charging station at home.

Q. What's the top speed?
A. I've hit 71 mph (indicated) going slightly downhill while drafting a semi. However, this is not a good vehicle for riding on the highway. It likes to be ridden 45-55 mph for best efficiency. Furthermore, the motor is still lossy and generates a little heat. If you have it above 60 mph for too long or if you accelerate too hard repeatedly, then the motor controller goes into thermal cutback mode until the heat is dissipated. Again, this thing loves to be hyper-miled.

Q. Will it carry a passenger?
A. No, but I've been known to carry a six-pack on the front of the seat. I ride with a courier bag when I commute.

Q. Does it have gears?
A. No transmission and no clutch. It's a direct drive system and so your left hand and left foot really don't have much to do.

Q. How do I service it?
A. All it requires is chain maintenance. Lube it regularly and adjust it when needed. Brammo goes out of their way to help their customers. I've received a free chain and a free replacement instrument cluster after mine cracked. They're adding dealers to sell their new model and those dealers will be able to perform any serious repairs.

Q. Is it attention grabbing?
A. Absolutely. Nerdy, middle-aged men everywhere will come running from across the parking lot to talk to you (we can't help ourselves). Once they catch their breath, they'll ask you one or more of the above questions...so have these answers ready. :)

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2012, 02:16:58 PM »
Q. How long does it take to charge?
A. I usually only run it down half way when I commute into work. It charges back up in 3.5-4 hrs. A full charge from 0% is typically 8 hours.

Eight hours?  Heck, the most mine has ever taken (with an indicated 2% left on the battery) is 4.5 hours to a full charge - which I would define as the moment it switches from full charge mode to balancing/trickle charge. 

I, too, leave it on 24/7 - but only if I know I'm going to be riding again in a day or two.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

WanderLust

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2012, 03:50:15 PM »
I noticed the ad isn't up anymore, did you sell it already?

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2012, 06:03:29 PM »
Nicely written ad. Generally speaking, a nice ad for a vehicle you're selling is some of the highest pay you'll ever make : )

I hope your bike finds an owner who will appreciate it.
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

implovator

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2012, 08:23:24 PM »
I noticed the ad isn't up anymore, did you sell it already?

Nah. Still for sale. I've been pulling and reposting the add whenever I drop the price. I'm starting to think it's kind of hard moving Enertia's on the East Coast. I sure hope their dealers out here do well. A backup plan might be to see if the nearest dealer can move my Enertia when I pick up the Empulse. If I were a dealer and I was faced with selling a very expensive Empulse and a somewhat expensive Enertia+, then I'd love to have a clean, used Enertia on the floor.

implovator

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2012, 09:29:08 AM »
Price dropped ($4750), and I added a shipping option.

gregburdulis

• View Profile
Re: SOLD: 2009 Silver Enertia for Sale in North Carolina
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2013, 08:27:08 PM »
Hi,

I am selling a silver/black 2009 Enertia on the Brammo Owners Forum. Not getting any bites.  What do I need to do?

Can I call you for advice?

Thanks,

Greg

gregburdulis

• View Profile
Re: SOLD: 2009 Silver Enertia for Sale in North Carolina
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2013, 11:12:14 AM »
Hi,

You've got great photos of your bike.  Mine is the same and it's not selling.  I don't have a camera.  May I use one of your photos to advertise my bike locally? 

Thanks,

Greg