Author Topic: Rode my Enertia home in the rain and was shocked . . .  (Read 3061 times)

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Rode my Enertia home in the rain and was shocked . . .
« on: September 13, 2012, 07:28:08 PM »
 . . . at how well it handled.

;D
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
Re: Rode my Enertia home in the rain and was shocked . . .
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2012, 09:58:14 AM »
Ha...yeah, I still get questions about "do you ride it in the rain?" "Yep, rain, snow, huge puddles..."

I've gone through puddles that got my ankles soaked while on the foot pegs.

Gavin

(to get 4800 miles on the Enertia and now over 500 miles on the Plus I've had to ride in all kinds of weather)

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2012, 10:37:12 AM »
Nice, its all about the tires really... I find it astounding that people ask if you can ride it in the rain. WTF, seriously, conventional motorcycles have batteries and electrical components too.

Do you still have the stock (Avons?) on there Harry?

Gavin, how were your tires when you returned the Enertia?

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2012, 10:39:29 AM »
Yes, still the Avons.  They look fine after 3,000 miles.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2012, 10:45:56 AM »
Still hardly worn...almost stock looking...the tires, on the Plus, should last forever...on the Empulse? probably not as long...higher speeds and smoking the tire at take off will shorten tire life... :)

Gavin

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2012, 10:55:37 AM »
looked for a photo...don't usually photograph the tires...but got this from my last weekend with the Enertia...Camping in the Jemez mountains...so the tires are dirty from riding off road in dirt and mud.

about 4780 miles at this point

I blurred the license plate...not sure why...

Gavin

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2012, 01:36:20 PM »
Zero S tires were starting to wear at 4500 miles. Zero replaced the rear tire after I shipped my bike back to them, so I guess it will be a little while before I know for sure how many miles I can put on a rear.

An electric bike works better than a combustion engine bike in rain. My GS500 felt like it was losing power in a really heavy downpour, guessing some moisture was getting into the air intake.
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

FrankH

• Empulse Guru
  • First Enertia+ in the Netherlands!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2012, 08:07:20 AM »
An electric bike works better than a combustion engine bike in rain. My GS500 felt like it was losing power in a really heavy downpour, guessing some moisture was getting into the air intake.

Sometimes rain and driving my Intruder through puddles would drown the sparkplugs or something similar, had to drive on one cylinder waiting for it to dry again. No sparkplugs on an Enertia but plenty electronics... hopefully they're put away nice and dry inside.

Adan

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2012, 02:18:45 PM »
As I posted in another thread, I got vapor in the control panel from leaving the bike out in the rain.  I've sealed it up around the perimeter, so hopefully won't happen again.

Great tires on the Brammo, they feel plenty sticky, even in wet, and hardly seem to be wearing at all. 

TroyHelming

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2013, 12:19:36 PM »
I had to replace my original chain with a new DID 420 Oring chain ($95) due to rust on the original chain.  I live in the Oakland Hills and commute to San Francisco.  I ride to Rockridge BART station about 3 days a week and drive over the Bay Bridge all the way into the city the other 2 days.  I ride in the rain a lot from December to March, and have experienced no change in performance or traction.  I found decent rain pants on Amazon.com for about $15 and pull those over my suit pants.  I ride in fog from time to time as well.  After over 4,000 miles in the last 18 months of ownership, the bike still runs great and I have no issues other than the replacement chain and about an estimated 1.5% to 2% loss of battery range on my commute.