Author Topic: Brammo's Friday rides just got an upgrade...  (Read 3135 times)

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
Brammo's Friday rides just got an upgrade...
« on: September 15, 2012, 01:11:34 PM »

2 things.

a) those bikes are hot...and the white? does it come with black forks? i hope so, that looks great.
b) there are now "used" demo bikes...I want that white one...

Gavin

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Re: Brammo's Friday rides just got an upgrade...
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2012, 02:28:39 PM »

2 things.

a) those bikes are hot...and the white? does it come with black forks? i hope so, that looks great.

Gavin

Just back off there, Gavin, git back on that Enertia+... that white one's MINE!

kingcharles

• Empulse E1 80-MF-DR
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2012, 02:54:55 PM »
No, No, No! As I said before, that white one is the EU version. It is for me!!!
precious precious
Once you go EV, gas is history!

Brammo Rider Wannabe

• Enciter
  • Empulse Order# 628
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2012, 03:04:40 PM »
Gavin, I noticed when I was browsing pictures that the Empulse R has gold color forks. The non R has black forks. I haven't seen any other variation so if you want the black forks you might need to order the non R if you haven't already.

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2012, 08:08:35 PM »
Gavin, I noticed when I was browsing pictures that the Empulse R has gold color forks. The non R has black forks. I haven't seen any other variation so if you want the black forks you might need to order the non R if you haven't already.

By golly, you're on to somthin here, BRW. I blew up the photo and it sure looks like the shroud just behind the forks on the white one is smooth in comparison to the black one, indicating non-carbon fiber. Sure do like the black forks with the white tank. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to have the forks repainted! Or wait another eternity for the non-R.

FreepZ

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Empulse Experience
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2012, 08:30:52 PM »
the shroud just behind the forks on the white one is smooth in comparison to the black one, indicating non-carbon fiber.

Also, the Non-R says "Empulse", while the other two say "Empulse R". ;)
Richard #935 #595 #44

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2012, 09:20:26 PM »
well interestingly

one says Empulse

one says Empulse R with a red R

and one says Empulse R with a white R

and, as far as i know, there are no non R bikes as they don't have the non carbon body parts

but i could be wrong.

G

Deadly Silent Ninja

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2012, 10:18:36 AM »

Yep. I just hope they will come out with Brammo's warranty and a VERY nice price tag. As I don't have any incentives here in VA, I would love if Brammo would factor those in their used demo bikes and then give a nice discount.
As far as colors go, I like the black one better than the white, but the black forks do look nice. I can understand the difference between a regular Empulse and an R, but the two black ones are slightly different (red R and red line around the tires). Is that a sign of customization or were they playing around with colors when they were building them and the black one with a white R is just an older version?

BrammoBrian

• Obsessive Empulsive
  • Brammovangelist
  • Director of Product Development - Brammo, Inc.
    • View Profile
    • BRAMMO
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2012, 12:55:47 PM »
Just to clarify the speculation regarding colors...

These are all Engineering test bikes, so we swap body panels back and forth as needed. It could be that we are testing a different color scheme, finish (gloss vs. matte. vs. textured, etc...), or material (carbon fiber, ABS plastic, polycarbonate plastic, etc...) OR we just grabbed whatever part was on hand to get the bike on the road. 

From what's been photographed, the only "standard" bike is the last black bike, which accurately represents a black Empulse R.  The white bike is an Empulse base model (hence the black forks) with the fenders upgraded to the carbon fiber units from the R.  The other "black" bike with the red rim tape is our data acquistion bike and actually features almost all carbon fiber bodywork (which is why the tank looks black).  The red rim tape is an accessory item and is very easy to install.  Some love it, some hate it, so we'll leave it up to the customer to decide whether to add it or not.  For the astute with a keen eye, you'll probably be able to pick out other accessory items being tested in the coming months as we release these kinds of photos (most of the time unwittingly) over social media.

Since I've now got your attention... I'll just add a sincere "Thank you" to the members of this forum that have stuck it out while we met challenge after challenge to launch the best electric motorcycle in the world.  The common theme from everyone that's been on it so far has been... "Exceeded my expectations!".  That makes it all worth it... ;)

Deadly Silent Ninja

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2012, 02:14:01 PM »
Thank you for the clarification, Brian!

Now, about selling one of those... when should we expect them to hit the "Bikes For Sale Or Auction" of this forum. There is no way in hell I will ever be able to afford a brand new Empulse, but a used one could finally make me feel less of an outsider in this forum of current and future Brammo owners and loaners.  ;)
How much do you think these demo bikes will be selling for (keep in mind that I am not eligible for any rebates at all)?
Thanks again!

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2012, 07:00:37 PM »
Well I called dibs on the white one...no backsies. I have no problem with an Eng. test bike... In fact I have one in the garage right now:) Not an Empulse though.

I did my first 100 mile day on a Brammo...not on one charge...but still a good day. Photos and video on Wednesday. The Enertia Plus rocks...still want to try and show off an Empulse around town...and out of town...and various places like the Grand Canyon and Durango and Santa Fe and.....just basically all over.

Gavin

« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 07:22:33 PM by Gavin »

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2012, 07:17:02 PM »

Gavin

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Re: Brammo's Friday rides just got an upgrade...
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2012, 08:21:07 PM »
Always a pleasure when Brian drops by, especially when he can clarify some information for us.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

ttxgpfan

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Re: Brammo's Friday rides just got an upgrade...
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2012, 01:52:57 PM »
Always a pleasure when Brian drops by, especially when he can clarify some information for us.

+1

I think that the only people who should be allowed to purchase Engineering test bikes are ones with enough "skill" they can scrape pegs with their 50 yr-old Mom on the back.  :D  I call the fastest one!

WanderLust

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2012, 02:57:18 PM »
I would be super interested in the engineering test/demo bikes as well...
Pre-order numbers should be given an option to buy one of these if available...
If we were one of the first ones on the pre-order list and stuck it out so far, doesn't that say something?
(Even if we flip-flopped and almost gave up a few times)