Author Topic: Brammovangelizing  (Read 1219 times)

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Brammovangelizing
« on: May 26, 2010, 08:32:06 AM »
I'm working on a list of people, places, and things to do to spread the Brammo word once my bike shows up.  If you have any ideas beyond these, please chime in. 

1. Show up at festivals, concerts, parades, and motorcycle rallies.  There are even a few "green" festivals that I plan to appear at as an exhibitor.
2.  Alert the press.  I have a list of contacts of local news folks on TV and print that I'm going to pester until they show up and cover this.
3.  Schools - I want school kids to grow up and be aware of transportation alternatives beyond I.C.E. This includes K-12, and local colleges, too.  (Especially schools in more affluent areas -- early adopters are young and wealthy).
4.  Local municipalities -- I want to talk with cities who might consider a fleet of Enertias, like the Hong Kong police have done. 
5.  State Parks and Recreation -- There are many parks around here that could use a quiet, clean vehicle for the rangers to ride around on.
6.  Electric utility companies.  Whether or not they'd be interested in buying an Enertia, they tend to send out newsletters about Energy-saving etc., and might think this is something worth covering.
7.  Motorcycle superstores. 

Additionally, if anyone has sent Brammo an "I am interested in a test ride" email, I'd want to be available to them.

I really intend to use this bike the same way I use my blog -- getting the word out and making folks aware of the options that are available to them.

Please chime in if you have any ideas.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

webman

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
Re: Brammovangelizing
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 01:51:09 PM »
I think local sporting events, especially those frequented by the younger crowd, would be a great idea.  Get the youg-uns interested!

Any sort of shows about electronics, home shows, etc; get it in front of people 'window shopping' who wouldn't necessarily think of motorcycles.

If I think of anything else, I'll be sure to chime in!

the webman
webman, aka eric

brammo vehicle desired:  Empulse 8.0
current rides:  '97 yamaha seca II (low miles, but beater)
'06 honda metro (wife's bike, mostly)
previous bikes:
'97 ducati monster 750
'91 yamaha FZR600
'84 Honda VF750 Interceptor

skadamo

• Administrator
  • Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Plug Bike
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 02:14:02 PM »
When you visit the dealerships ask them about local events and bike nights.

Might want to keep an eye out for indoor events that need a motorcycle presence during the winter. Building managers may be more likely to allow an electric bike rolled inside vs. a gas bike.

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 02:17:16 PM »
When you visit the dealerships ask them about local events and bike nights.

Might want to keep an eye out for indoor events that need a motorcycle presence during the winter. Building managers may be more likely to allow an electric bike rolled inside vs. a gas bike.
All great ideas, webman and John. 

By the way, John, that's a nice avatar you're sporting there.  The composition and angle suggest it was taken by a real pro. 
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

skadamo

• Administrator
  • Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Plug Bike
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2010, 10:10:41 PM »
Yeah, you do good work :D I would have shifted a little to the right tho.  ::)