Author Topic: Feature request: Dashboard Somnolence during Charging  (Read 1814 times)

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Feature request: Dashboard Somnolence during Charging
« on: October 03, 2012, 09:00:58 AM »
As I was walking away from my Enertia this morning, I noticed (not for the first time) that the dashboard being illuminated during charging really draws attention to it in my relatively dark parking garage.  While I usually welcome the attention to it, here is a situation where I wish the dash automatically dimmed after a minute or two. 

This is not necessarily high on my list of feature requests for the Enertia, but is tied to an earlier request for the ability to manually dim the dash. 
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
Re: Feature request: Dashboard Somnolence during Charging
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 09:33:22 AM »
With the new bike, during charging, the rear light is on as well...I would love to have that off. Not sure why it is on? To let you know it is charging? Safety?

But that should go off after a minute also. I doubt anybody is charging at the side of the road where it would help with safety concerns.

Gavin

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Feature request: Dashboard Somnolence during Charging
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 09:40:14 AM »
With the new bike, during charging, the rear light is on as well

No.  Actually, not just 'no,' but 'Hell, no.'

That's the kind of thing for which I'd probably install an on/off switch in the brake light wire.  Which is, of course, a very bad idea.

Why why why would they do that?
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki