Author Topic: Brammo Dealer Requesting A Deposit for the Empulse  (Read 2580 times)

Virtually Yours

• Brammoholic
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Brammo Dealer Requesting A Deposit for the Empulse
« on: October 05, 2012, 02:01:22 PM »
I received an email from the local dealership requesting a refundable $500 deposit by 10/31/12 for delivery around end of November through December.  ;D
Awesome news I think I'm going to call right now!
Actually Mine,
Empluse R

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
Re: Brammo Dealer Requesting A Deposit for the Empulse
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, 02:04:31 PM »
Excellent!
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

implovator

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 02:45:51 PM »
Great news! Should be a good XMas. I hope you're in a climate conducive to Winter riding. I can get by year round with the aid of grip warmers. I figure I'll be riding the Empulse over the gasser much more often, so I might have to pick up some battery-powered, heated gloves for this Winter riding season.

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 02:53:56 PM »
I seem to recall the Enertia Plus and Empulse were supposed to come with 12V DC outlets .. is this still the case? If so you could tap into the bike battery.. really very little drain.
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

FreepZ

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Empulse Experience
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2012, 08:25:00 AM »
I got an email from my local dealership too!

Greetings!

I am contacting you as Brammo has released approximate dates to release the Empulse and Empulse R.  If you have been assigned a reservation by Brammo your place is held for the release of these motorcycles and you will need to call us here at Euro Cycles to put down a refundable $500 deposit by October 31, 2012 to continue to hold your place in line.  Regardless of when you put down your deposit before October 31, 2012 your position in line will be determined by your reservation number with Brammo.  If you have not registered with Brammo just go to their site at www.brammo.com to register and then call with your deposit.

We will also need your color choice.

Both Models will come in red, white and black.  The Empulse R will be released first around the end of November and into December.  The Empulse will be released in the first quarter of 2013.  Please go to www.brammo.com to read more about these bikes and the differences between the Empulse and Empulse R or give me a call anytime.

I will follow up with any new updates.

Regards,

Jesse Langston
Euro Cycles of Tampa Bay
BMW | Ducati | Triumph | MV Agusta
8509 Gunn Highway
Odessa, FL 33556
813-446-8178 Mobile
813-926-9937 Office
813-926-5660 Fax
sales@bmwrides.com
www.eurocyclesoftampabay.com

I was surprised to see that they said that I needed to register with Brammo. I thought that all the preorders had to do that anyway. I was also amused at their urging me to read about the Empulse on Brammo's website. Perhaps the message was a boilerplate that Brammo sent out to all their dealers.

Looks like I have a phone call to make... ;D
Richard #935 #595 #44

FreepZ

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Empulse Experience
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2012, 01:58:58 PM »
... so I called up the dealership, and they were very happy to take my credit card info for the deposit. Then I tried to pump the salesman for info about the availability of the bike. Here's the information that he had to offer:

• The dealership has been in daily talks with Brammo for the past week or so.
  • Brammo hasn't been all that forthcoming about release dates to the dealership either. The only date Brammo has been telling them (which isn't news on this forum) is that the bikes will start to be delivered in November.
  • I tried to get a more precise date, but they didn't have one.
  • The dealership has an Enertia, which they've been giving test rides on, but no Empulse yet. (The salesman slipped up and got Empulse confused with Enertia, and for a moment I got pretty excited.)
  • A few other people called in to that dealership (in Tampa) yesterday about their Empulse reservation. (Were any of those people members of this forum?)

The salesman has my phone number, and says that he'll tell me as soon as he has some more news. Oh well. Back to waiting.
Richard #935 #595 #44

AJ Nin

• Enciter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2012, 02:34:41 PM »
I see your Brammo dealer also sells Triumph. Whatever you do, do not take a Street Triple r for a test ride.

FreepZ

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Empulse Experience
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2012, 05:18:35 PM »
I see your Brammo dealer also sells Triumph. Whatever you do, do not take a Street Triple r for a test ride.

I presume that you are saying that because I would become disappointed with the Empulse, since the Street Triple is similar to the Empulse, except that it has a lot more power. Wes Siler pointed that out in his review.

No worries. I deliberately bought a Ninja 500 to practice riding on when I heard that the Empulse would be similar to a 600 cc bike. When I ride the Empulse, it's is going to be a trade up from the 500. 8)
Richard #935 #595 #44

ttxgpfan

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2012, 07:15:17 PM »
Empulse should be more like a 650cc twin, which aren't as powerful as a 600cc 4 cylinder sport bikes.  But it should still be a hell of a step up from your 500, especially in the chassis. 

AJ Nin

• Enciter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2012, 07:57:36 PM »
Yes, a Suzuki SV 650 might be a reasonable comparison. The Street Triple r has almost 2X the HP (54 for the Empulse r vs. 105 for the Street Triple r), more torque, 50 lbs. less weight, goes 140 mph, does 0-60 mph in about 3 seconds.... so that would not be a good comparison.

Electric motorcycles are however improving in leaps and bounds with each model year. It's exciting to watch. I feel like we are just one breakthrough away in battery technology from making them mainstream.

00049 (AKA SopFu)

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2012, 06:14:11 PM »
I just got my call from the Harley shop in Milwaukee to take my $500 deposit, which I gladly gave them.  They said my non-R would be built in November, with delivery likely in December.  I laughed, but that's what they told me.

The Brammo road show will be up there Tuesday or Wednesday of next week.  It does not sound like they will be offering test rides, but I will be able to look at them.  If there is no test ride, I won't be going.  I hope they come through and let me go for a spin, up to highway speeds.
'03 SV650
'13 Empulse #49
Wheaton, IL

FreepZ

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Empulse Experience
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2012, 06:47:58 PM »
They said my non-R would be built in November, with delivery likely in December.

That could be true if there only a very small number of Empulse-Rs have been ordered, but that seems unlikely to me. I would have laughed as well. I wonder where the dealership is getting their info from.

The Brammo road show will be up there Tuesday or Wednesday of next week.

How did you find out where they are going to be? From the dealer, or do you have access to the Road Show locations?
Richard #935 #595 #44

00049 (AKA SopFu)

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2012, 08:33:34 PM »

How did you find out where they are going to be? From the dealer, or do you have access to the Road Show locations?

The dealer told me.  They said Brammo was coming from Minneapolis, and they were not sure exactly which day they would be in Milwaukee.
'03 SV650
'13 Empulse #49
Wheaton, IL

travel4nutin

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2012, 11:11:22 PM »

The dealer told me.  They said Brammo was coming from Minneapolis, and they were not sure exactly which day they would be in Milwaukee.

I spoke with the Milwaukee dealership too.  They said they would call me today and I ended up calling them at 5pm.  He stated that they might be there tomorrow but he couldn't contact them because they were in route.  I'm not too happy about this because there is no notice, no information, and I'm not even sure if a test drive will be possible.  I would expect better from a company selling their flagship product. >:(
93 Suzuki Katana
Empulse #613 #45

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2012, 09:33:20 AM »
No cell phones on the truck?   ???
current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2007 BMW R1200R, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.