Author Topic: AirHawk seat pad  (Read 2249 times)

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
AirHawk seat pad
« on: October 05, 2012, 04:04:20 PM »
I have only sat on an Enertia seat one time, when they were being displayed at Best Buy.  But my recollection is that the seat was kind of hard and narrow.  The seat on my Zero is definitely hard and narrow and becomes quite uncomfortable for me after about an hour of riding.  If you have a similar issue with your Enertia seat, here is one solution to the problem. 

For years I have been hearing motorcycle owners on the internet rave about AirHawk motorcycle seat pads, but the ones that I had seen were still too wide for my Zero's narrow seat.  Then I saw their "Cruiser Pillion" seat pad advertized on Amazon for $77 and bought one.  This is their smallest pad and the only one that they sell that is small enough to fit a narrow seat, such as you might find on most dirt and dual-sport bikes. Its dimensions are 11" long and 9" wide. The pad consists of a series of air bladders, each about the size of a canned biscuit, that are inflated with your breath via a valve at the rear of the bladder. The bladder assembly is enclosed in a fabric case that is fastened to the seat with two thin adjustable straps.  While I haven't gone any rides yet, just sitting on the pad seems quite comfortable.  You can adjust the comfort and height of the pad by letting out small amounts of air.  If you find your seat kind of hard, this pad should be an improvement. Attached is a photo of the pad installed on my bike.
current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2007 BMW R1200R, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

kingcharles

• Empulse E1 80-MF-DR
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Re: AirHawk seat pad
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, 05:44:24 AM »
I really like the 'composition' of that photo in relation to a 'comfortable' back side  :D
Once you go EV, gas is history!

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Re: AirHawk seat pad
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2012, 04:29:46 PM »
I have been sitting on that AirHawk 2 pad for a couple of days now and I can confirm that it really works to cushion you rear end.  If you have an issue with a hard narrow seat on the Brammo, or any other vehicle for that matter, this is a decent solution that can be removed at any time and reused on your next motorcycle.
current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2007 BMW R1200R, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.