Author Topic: Struggling with Color  (Read 1192 times)

implovator

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
Struggling with Color
« on: October 11, 2012, 08:45:45 PM »
I keep bouncing back and forth between white and red. The red looks hot, but I'm not a red kind of rider. I really like the white too, but I feel that there's not even enough white there to matter.

I think my subconscious has spoken on the matter. You see, I finally broke down and got a new, modern cell phone (Motorola RAZR M):

Now I'm thinking the carbon fiber bits on the Empulse R might look pretty nice with the white.

I can't believe I'm going to buy a motorcycle to match my cell phone. *facepalm*

BrammoBrian

• Obsessive Empulsive
  • Brammovangelist
  • Director of Product Development - Brammo, Inc.
    • View Profile
    • BRAMMO
    • Email
Re: Struggling with Color
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2012, 10:53:38 AM »
Here's some photos of my old Ducati Monster in white with some added red "flair"... I liked it.  Unfortunately, it was sold to a woman in Colorado that had it painted lavender...

implovator

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2012, 05:04:33 PM »
Lavender? So sad. Your Monster was hot, though I do like the look of the white Empulse more. The Duc's white body work is too bulbous for me. I wonder if a white pillion cover would look good on the Empulse? Accessory idea?

BrammoBrian

• Obsessive Empulsive
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • BRAMMO
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2012, 11:17:54 PM »
I agree that the Empulse is a nicer looking bike...especially in person.  I may be biased.

I'm basically struggling with the same color decision for my personal bike (don't worry - I'm most likely behind the rest of you in the queue), but have considered replicating the Monster's color scheme.  I.e... a white R bike, add red rim tape.   

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2012, 11:23:54 PM »
I really like the white...

but I do think the Empulse looks downright beautiful in the TTR colors...

that would make a lovely special edition model.

Gavin

implovator

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2012, 11:45:32 AM »
I don't know if you can judge the TTR colors by that photograph. I mean, what bike doesn't look stunning with such a pilot? :)

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2012, 12:23:20 PM »
Yes...I liked that her sunglasses and shirt matched the bike...She is a lovely and very energetic young lady.

And yes the photos don't do it justice. The combo of yellow, black and white, with just a hint of red, was quite fetching.

Brammo, would be quite happy to ride that bike, or a copy of it, all over the Southwest and take lots of photos and talk to lots of people...hint hint...

thought I don't think that is really how hints work...that was more or less just straight out begging. :)

Gavin

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2012, 01:26:20 PM »
I really like that TTXGP paint job though its a bit to flashy for my tastes, but it will look awesome on the track. For my own Empulse im still leaning towards the white. Red is a traditional color for sports bikes, this is not a traditional bike. Just MHO.

Deadly Silent Ninja

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2012, 03:30:55 PM »
I really like the white...

but I do think the Empulse looks downright beautiful in the TTR colors...

that would make a lovely special edition model.

Gavin

Hmmm... I'm not a big fan of yellow, but it looks really good on her. The bike doesn't look bad either...  ;) Sorry, it was too obvious of a bad joke to go unused.
I usually prefer darker colors, but the TTR options could be interesting if we could mix different colors on the same areas.

BrammoBrian

• Obsessive Empulsive
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • BRAMMO
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2012, 10:10:54 PM »
Cool thing about the TTX paint scheme is that it's not paint - it's a well done vinyl wrap.  I think you'll see a few different versions of the TTX graphics when they hit the track...

Virtually Yours

• Brammoholic
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2012, 02:29:35 AM »
Ole Girl would make a burka look good!

Now what would be cool is custom vinyl graphics that the consumer could design themselves or have several ones to choose from... The designs could also use some super reflective material... At least for the black plastic pieces on the belly as I'm sure that black will fade.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 02:36:50 AM by Virtually Yours »
Actually Mine,
Empluse R

Deadly Silent Ninja

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2012, 06:12:03 PM »
Now what would be cool is custom vinyl graphics that the consumer could design themselves or have several ones to choose from...

That would be awesome!!! No more color doubts, just ride whatever you feel like and, when you get tired, change it.