Author Topic: TTXGP Reporting  (Read 2707 times)

FreepZ

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Empulse Experience
    • Email
TTXGP Reporting
« on: October 16, 2012, 11:13:30 AM »
I'll be reporting on what's going on at the TTXGP through this forum and through twitter (BrammoFreepZ). I was thinking of trying to do a Google Meetup during the race, but I don't know how well my phone will be able to handle that (my phone can suck the juice out if the batter at a tremendous rate sometimes), unless I can find a power source nearby.

Will anybody else be reporting?
Richard #935 #595 #44

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: TTXGP Reporting
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2012, 08:06:46 AM »
If you are able to get into the paddock area, talk to the Brammo people and let them know you are a loyal forum member.  I bet they will have a spare electrical socket for your phone.  A google hangout would be cool!
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2012, 11:34:43 AM »
A single BPM 15/90 module could power an iPhone for around 2000 hours. Or 83 days.
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

ttxgpfan

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2012, 09:46:38 PM »
@Protomech.  Ha!

I won't be reporting to here, just my blog.  Going to my damned to get a lot of content up and make everyone's donations worth it.

Also, I will be the face for EVMotorcycle.org's videos.  Basically I'll be doing interviews just like I planned, but Andy will be video tap[ing them.  Also look for "podcastettes" (this should make Harry very happy) or videos as I try to get a quick word from every team/rider after each session and race.  Those should be up within an hour or 2 of each session ending, but we'll see how the logistics actually work out.

Proper interviews will take a while.  At least a week I believe.  Andy is pretty bad-ass with a camera, but free unpaid bad ass video interviews take time.  He already has footage at Hollywood electrics with Harlan and Pinkyracer during his layover in LA.

Keep this under your hat guys, but I am also going to try to see if there is a place in the media center where I can pretend I'm an announcer and record Qualifying and the race.  It should hilarious to listen too afterwords.  This if I can get away with it.  Not to mention if I can get permission to post it later on [fingers crossed]. 

I am going to miss Friday's practice.  I will be arriving just as it's ending.  But the interviews should be no problem.  So pissed.

Later,
Rich

FreepZ

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Empulse Experience
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2012, 08:13:41 AM »
I am going to miss Friday's practice.  I will be arriving just as it's ending.  But the interviews should be no problem.  So pissed.

I'll be there with a (not very good) digital video camera and a much better regular camera (that does video) and a tripod. I'll get as much as I can, and you're welcome to have the footage.

Do you have any advice, or specific things that you want recorded?

I was thinking of jetting over there tonight after work, but I suspect that everything will be closed off by the time I can get there (about 8 or 9 pm). Then again, if there's going to be infield camping, perhaps it will be open all the time, and if I can get a glimpse of the Brammo Trailer, and scout out good camera positions at the track, that would be pretty cool.
Richard #935 #595 #44

FreepZ

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Empulse Experience
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2012, 01:10:59 PM »
Here's an update:
Eric Bostrom had a practice run today.
Himmelmann did too, on the Team Munch bike
The Catavolt bike is here from Australia.
Steve Atlas' bike had a problem that prevented him from doing any practice laps.
Jeremiah showed up last minute with one more bike. Too late for practice, but he's here.
Richard #935 #595 #44

FreepZ

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Empulse Experience
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2012, 01:33:34 PM »
Here's an update:
Eric Bostrom had a practice run today.
Himmelmann did too, on the Team Munch bike
The Catavolt bike is here from Australia.
Steve Atlas' bike had a problem that prevented him from doing any practice laps.
Jeremiah showed up last minute with one more bike. Too late for practice, but he's here.
Richard #935 #595 #44

FreepZ

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Empulse Experience
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2012, 01:36:38 PM »
Brammo team trying to fix up Steve's bike in time to race with the vintage bikes! Can they do it?
Richard #935 #595 #44

FreepZ

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Empulse Experience
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2012, 02:19:25 PM »
Steve is suited up, and the bike just started turning a wheel, so things are looking good.
Richard #935 #595 #44

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2012, 02:36:12 PM »
Sweet...thanks for the updates. Photos??

:)

Gavin

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2012, 02:56:05 PM »
Some photos rolling in on twitter - check out @domenick_y from autobloggreen and @BrammoFreepz

Will post them on this thread later, if I get some free time.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

FreepZ

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Empulse Experience
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2012, 03:26:03 PM »
It was touch and go there for a while, but the bike worked in the end and Steve got four practice laps in during the vintage race. He was a lot happier after that. Earlier, while the bike was still broken, he was looking pretty miserable.
Richard #935 #595 #44

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2012, 04:15:25 PM »
SteveO wears his heart on his sleeve like that...Racing makes him happy....not so much just sitting around.

If he races well this weekend you will see a very happy Steve Atlas. :)

Gavin

FreepZ

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Empulse Experience
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2012, 11:16:40 PM »
Here are some photographs of what was going on at the pits on Friday.

The story as I understood it was that a sensor on Steve Atlas' bike was registering abnormal values, which they tried to correct with a software fix. When that didn't work, they discovered a mechanical problem. The fix for that required a Dremel and a toothbrush. While the problems with the bike were being worked on, practice time had run out, so Steve was unable to run his bike. Once the mechanical fix had been applied, the software "fix" had to be undone, since that wasn't the cause of the initial problem. The amazing Rupal Patel (TTXGP organizer) managed to convince the race organizers to let Steve run a practice lap during the Vintage Bike race*, provided the bike was working by then. With the mechanical problem solved, things still weren't looking good as twisting the throttle resulted in little more than a twitch of the back wheel. Meanwhile, the vintage bikes were getting on the track and doing some practice laps. Finally, after much staring at laptop screens and manual wheel turning, the back wheel was working again. Just in time too, as the Vintage Bike race was about to start. Steve was able to run some practice laps and came back much, much happier.

* Rupal also gave the other teams the opportunity to run during the Vintage Bike race, although nobody else took that offer.

I have to say that it was very surprising to me how close Steve was to not having a practice round, and how he did manage to get that round in through the amazing efforts of both the Brammo team and the TTXGP organizer. Perhaps that's the nature of sportbike racing, but this is all new to me.
Richard #935 #595 #44

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2012, 12:28:55 AM »
Rupal is great..tell her Gavin says hi.

Have fun...I know you will...

G