Author Topic: TTXGP Reporting Sunday  (Read 984 times)

FreepZ

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Empulse Experience
    • Email
TTXGP Reporting Sunday
« on: October 20, 2012, 11:29:28 PM »
Sunday is the day of the 2012 TTXGP Final.

The race for the electric bikes is scheduled for 10:30 am EST, but is subject to change based on earlier races that morning.

Both Brammo riders have raced at Daytona before, on gas bikes, and both want to win, so it should be a pretty tough fight between those two. Based on the lap times, Himmelmann is going to have a tough time keeping up, and I suspect that his best hope is to stick to whoever is in front and try to draft a much as possible on those long straights.

The other fight in this race will be between Morris on the Catavolt with only one of the bike's two hub motors working, and Johnson, another Daytona veteran, riding a Zero.

Brammo has a film crew covering the race, and they have been producing excellent video for YouTube pretty quickly, so expect another video or two before the event wraps up on Monday.
Richard #935 #595 #44

FreepZ

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Empulse Experience
    • Email
Re: TTXGP Reporting Sunday
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2012, 07:53:54 AM »
Steve-o just came in from a couple of practice runs to see if the problems that he had yesterday were fixed.
Richard #935 #595 #44

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2012, 07:56:18 AM »
and.....fixed?

Gavin

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Re: TTXGP Reporting Sunday
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2012, 10:13:13 AM »
Steve in first, muench second, Eric in third!
Brammo is the world champion.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

FreepZ

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Empulse Experience
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2012, 10:12:47 AM »
A few detail about the race:

Atlas used the "Atlas Quick Start" trick to get off the line extremely quickly. Bostom was hot on his heals with Himmelmann behind them. Then Bostrom's bike cut out, leaving Atlas a clear run to the checkered flag. While Bostrom was rebooting his bike, Himmelmann passed him and put a lot of distance between the two of them. Once Bostrom's bike had been rebooted, he slowly caught up to Himmelmann and may even have passed him, but with only 5 laps, he didn't have enough time to catch him.

Meanwhile, the other race was between the Morris on the Catavolt with it's crippled hub motor, and Johnson on a Zero. The two were battling it out until the Catavolt had another issue and was slowed down even further, leaving Johnson with an easy fourth place.

The final result was Atlas with a clear lead, Himmelmann second, Bostrom close behind in third, then Johnson, and finally Morris. I think that Altas lapped Johnson twice.

Talking with Johnson after the race, he told me that he was unhappy that the Catavolt wasn't able to keep up with him. He's a racer and would much prefer to race against another bike than just do laps with another bike doing laps behind him.

I'll write up more details about the weekend later. Right now, I have to get some work done. :P
Richard #935 #595 #44