Author Topic: World Champions...  (Read 1235 times)

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
World Champions...
« on: October 21, 2012, 10:14:20 AM »
Congrat to Brammo!

And especially SteveO

For Brammo, and Steve most of all, it was a tough start to the season, but North American AND World champ is a nice way to finish :)

Gavin

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
Re: World Champions...
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2012, 11:29:52 AM »
Cue the Champagne and cut another royalty check for Queen as it's time to Blast out We Are The Champions....

Gavin

And Brammo is going to have to increase their Trophy case

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2012, 11:34:19 AM »
And SteveO wanted the top of the podium...and got the top of the podium

Gavin

FreepZ

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Empulse Experience
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2012, 10:20:29 AM »

EBoz also wanted that podium position. But the gremlins that had be crawling though Steve-o's bike before the final race decided to infest EBoz's bike instead on race day.

Kudos to Himmelmann for showing up and getting second, even though his bike was outclassed by the two Empulse RRs.
Richard #935 #595 #44

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2012, 11:50:48 AM »
oh I know all of them wanted the top of the podium...and either EBoz or SteveO expected it...

my comment was a reference to SteveO saying he is short and needs the top of the podium more than the others...

Gavin

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2012, 12:27:13 PM »

EBoz also wanted that podium position. But the gremlins that had be crawling though Steve-o's bike before the final race decided to infest EBoz's bike instead on race day.

EBoz was pretty clearly pissed at the end of the race. He was gracious, to be sure, but it definitely seemed to me like it was a strain.

Brammo's racing efforts have had a number of glitches this year .. part of the risk of developing on the bleeding edge. When they work, they're incredibly fast - but every single race it seems like one bike or another is having some technical problems. At Daytona they traded off; Steve Atlas's bike was faulting Friday morning during practice, and then Eric Bostrom's bike faulted during the race.

This isn't restricted to Brammo, of course; both Lightning bikes faulted at the first NA race and missed 2 of the 4 remaining NA races (and IOM) due to various issues, MotoCzysz had a battery "thermal event" at PIR ..

Hopefully this next year we will see larger and more reliable grids. I can't wait to see 2013 Brammo and Zero street bikes duking it out on the track.
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/