Author Topic: Zero doesn't like me...  (Read 636 times)

FreepZ

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Empulse Experience
    • Email
Zero doesn't like me...
« on: October 25, 2012, 02:23:10 PM »
I have found that test riding a Zero is a lot more difficult than it should be.

About one year ago
Contacted a dealership in Deland (35 miles from my office) for a test ride. Never got any response.
About three weeks ago
Heard about the new 2013 Zero and signed up online to get a test ride.
About two weeks ago
I got a follow up email asking if I've been contacted about a test ride. I replied that I hadn't. A few days later I got a call from a dealership in Stuart (75 miles from my home). We arranged for a test ride on October 27, since on October 20 I was going to be at Daytona ;D and the salesman was going to a Zero Sales conference.
Today
I called up the dealership to make sure they were ready for me this weekend. Turns out that the salesman was going away again this weekend, and apparently nobody else in that dealership can do test rides with a Zero.
???

I rescheduled for next weekend. I hope I don't get forgotten again. This would probably be a lot easier if I could visit the dealership during the week (but I can't), or if the dealership was a lot closer (but it isn't).

Of course, after waiting for over 18 months for the Empulse (and I have yet to see it), I suppose waiting another week to ride a Zero is no big deal. :P
Richard #935 #595 #44

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
Re: Zero doesn't like me...
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2012, 02:51:07 PM »
Not sure any dealers have the 2013s available for a test ride. I believe the dealers have met to take a look at the 2013s, but I wouldn't expect dealers to have them in stock for another few months.

FX popping a wheelie, Josh Kearney @ Hollywood Electric riding:
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2012, 04:58:09 PM »
AF1 Racing, a dealer in Texas, says that the 2013 Zeros will not be available until January of 2013.

I don't think it is Zero that doesn't like you, more likely the dealer you contacted needs to catch up on his customer service  and communication skills.
current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2007 BMW R1200R, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

FreepZ

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Empulse Experience
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2012, 09:36:12 PM »
I don't think it is Zero that doesn't like you, more likely the dealer you contacted needs to catch up on his customer service  and communication skills.

You're right, or course. When a dealer failed to get in touch with me after my recent request for a test ride, I got an email from Zero, which resulted in a phone call from a dealer. However, the dealers are the face of the company that supplies the product, and it's very easy to associate the two. So far, my experience with Zero dealers hasn't been all that great.

I wasn't expecting to see the 2013 models, but I figure the more experience I can get with various electric vehicles, the more I'll know what to look out for when I try out the Empulse.
Richard #935 #595 #44