Author Topic: Zero and Brammo team up!  (Read 1124 times)

FreepZ

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Empulse Experience
    • Email
Zero and Brammo team up!
« on: October 29, 2012, 01:51:07 PM »
Check out one of Jeremiah Johnson's Sponsors:

Yep, Brammo gave Jeremiah a brake caliper, so he slapped a Brammo sticker on his bike to say thanks. It's great to see the good sportsmanship that goes on at the TTXGP.
Richard #935 #595 #44

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
Re: Zero and Brammo team up!
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 01:56:46 PM »
Nice...yeah at SECA I saw similar stuff (though no brammo sticker)...Lightning was having an issue with their second bike and asked Brammo for some tools they didn't have and some zip ties...

I don't know if that will keep going on in the future, but right now it seems the teams will help each other out...

Gavin

FreepZ

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Empulse Experience
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 02:15:19 PM »
Perhaps Brammo's biggest threat is obscurity. They want the TTXGP to be a race that people want to see. That means lots of teams, and some hard competition to race against. The Empulse RR's on the field had very little threat from the other teams; If Eric's bike hadn't had a glitch, the bikes would have easily made first and second place in the race. Even with multiple reboots, Eric still managed to make third place, and was gaining on Himmelmann on every lap.

If Lightning, Mission or Motoczysz shown up, they might not have been as ready to help. Then again, perhaps they would have, since I think that they would prefer to win in a race than win due to a minor technical issue.
Richard #935 #595 #44

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2012, 05:09:25 PM »
The other thing EV bikes have to fight is the reputation of being slow.  Let's face it, the early Zero's and Brammo's more than earned that reputation fair and square.  Racing is pretty much the only way to fight that reputation.  Fast lap times will sell the idea of EV motorcycles to more people.

Fast lap times by any electric motorcycle company helps all electric motorcycle companies.  So cooperation helps everyone.  One thing I like about Brammo is that they seem to really understand this concept.

Of course once EV bikes start beating gassers around the track on a regular basis, all gloves are off!!!   ;D

ttxgpfan

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2012, 12:01:11 AM »
Just interviewed Kenyon of Zero today.  Between Brammo, Zero, and the BRD, electric dirt bikes should be beating their ICE counterparts next year.  I am hoping to see teams running them in the AMA Lites class next year.  May be wishful thinking though.