Author Topic: New in the forum from France  (Read 1430 times)

antoinerev

• View Profile
New in the forum from France
« on: October 31, 2012, 10:56:14 AM »
Hi all!

I'm unfortunately not a owner but willing to participate in the forum while waiting.

I'm new to motorcycle having started 5 months ago with a 125cc. You can ride these in France without passing the proper motorcycle licence (the "A" licence which is tough and very expensive to pass (>1000 USD)). Newbie but a hardcore one as it actually is my only vehicle! I'm 34 and never owned a car thanks to good public transports, good legs, car sharing and a lot of time spent travelling.

I'm interested in EV in general but for urban/suburban I believe scooters and motorcycles have a massive advantage in our perpetually jammed old Europe cities, full of very narrow streets and lacking parking spots. Aside from that it is so much fun to ride!

So for my needs I guess the most interesting model right now is the E+. Actually the Enertia's range would certainly do but I have the feeling the "plus" is upgraded/refined in many other important aspects so probably worth the 25% premium.

For now I'm waiting for the opportunity to test drive the E/E+ but also to have a dealer close by in case of problem. Right now it would be Paris which is over 300 miles from my place!

Cheers,
Antoine

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: New in the forum from France
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 11:17:46 AM »
Welcome to the forum, Antoine! 
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 11:37:41 AM »
Welcome antoinerev!

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2012, 01:22:47 PM »
Gavin loves scooters, I'm sure he'll be along shortly : )

At one time the 2012 Enertia was supposed to bring the same improvements as the Plus - less restrictive handlebar maximum turn, Perm 126 motor, O-ring chain, etc - just with less capacity and at a lower price point. I don't know if these plans are still in place. They could easily build a smaller Enertia by taking two BPM 44/70 modules and 

I don't know how many Enertias were sold in Europe, but you might be able to find a stellar deal on a gently used Enertia Classic. If you're happy with the lower capacity battery, it might represent a good deal vs a new improved Enertia.
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

antoinerev

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2012, 05:51:26 PM »
Thanks for your welcome messages!

Concerning the availability of used electric bikes, I think we are close to 0 in france. At least, I couldn't find one single post with google.
Brammo is even absent from the manufacturers lists of many insurers and motorbike websites in France. They have a lot of work to do in the communication area. My guess is that they are willing to consolidate a basic network of distributers (only 3 at the moment) before strengthening the buzz. But it is very surprising because Brammo in Europe is so much cheaper than Zero !
Zero motorcycle on the other hand is present everywhere in the specialized media (but still no offers for used models on the internet).

Hopefully this will change. But anyway an enertia classic at a discounted price would indeed be a great opportunity to become oil independant! Thanks for the idea.

EDIT: I found 2 enertia demo bikes sold by the importer but they are more expensive than the displayed price on the new ones (VAT incl.) on Brammo's website...

Cheers!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 06:02:27 PM by antoinerev »